How To Wallboard A Poured Concrete Basement Wall,, Cement Board?

/ How To Wallboard A Poured Concrete Basement Wall,, Cement Board? #11  
For the insulation, you need a different adhesive. It is commonly available at all the hardware stores, but you need it as the regular stuff can dissolve polystyrene. And whether it is white PS or blue/pink, it is still all PS, just different forms. The white stuff that looks to be made from expanded beads is called EPS (Expanded PS) whereas the pink/blue stuff is XPS (eXtruded PS). There is some debate about which is best for a foundation wall due to moisture permeability, but I used XPS in mine and did serious waterproofing on the outside of the wall when building.

/ How To Wallboard A Poured Concrete Basement Wall,, Cement Board?
Well, I decided to "Liquid Nail" closed cell foam panels to the poured concrete basement walls,,

I thought, and thought on how thick to get the panels,, then it dawned on me,,
there is very little difference in the costs of the panels, they are pretty much priced per inch of thickness.
So, I decided to see what 1/2" did, if that was not enough, I would just liquid nail another panel on the first one.

I ended up choosing the "R-MAX panels, they are foiled on both sides with aluminum,,

https://www.homedepot.com/p/R-Matte...-Rigid-Foam-Insulation-Board-754404/100572981

I needed 9 panels to do the two exterior walls, and after I got 5 of the panels up, the room already felt warmer!

I have a small quartz heater, before the insulation, that heater could not warm the room to 65 degrees, if it was cold outside.
Shortly after I got the 9th panel up, the room was 72 degrees,, that was a real surprise,,

I will be waiting until the weather gets colder (it is only down to 32 degrees now) before I decide on whether or not to add another thickness of insulation.

I looked at what Lowes offers to put up as wallboard, I am kinda leaning towards the 3/8 inch thick beadboard, that are 4X8 size.

I have both a 1/4-in Narrow Crown Finish Pneumatic Stapler and a Pneumatic 16-Gauge 2-1/2 in. Nailer
Can I hang the 3/8" beadboard with one of these pneumatic tools?

/ How To Wallboard A Poured Concrete Basement Wall,, Cement Board? #13  
Are you going to nail the bead board to the foam or are you trying to go through the foam into concrete ? Neither nailer can go into concrete. Did you put up any frameing?:drink:

/ How To Wallboard A Poured Concrete Basement Wall,, Cement Board? #14  
Are you going to nail the bead board to the foam or are you trying to go through the foam into concrete ? Neither nailer can go into concrete. Did you put up any frameing?:drink:
Yep, I would use a ramset gun to go through the bead board, foam and into the concrete.
Your air nailers will not make it into the concrete.

Aaron Z

/ How To Wallboard A Poured Concrete Basement Wall,, Cement Board? #15  
Ramset will probabily go through 3/8 bead board or not set head right . Trying to find the right combo of pin length and charge strength all depends on conc, one might be perfect the next one might just chip conc. Trying to get a finish product with a powder accuated tool is almost impossible . especially with foam as a substraight. You would have more control with Tapcons but that is pretty slow and tedious. Good luck.:drink:

/ How To Wallboard A Poured Concrete Basement Wall,, Cement Board? #16  
Should put a sump pump pit/sump pump in your basement if possible to avoid having to worry about future flooding.

Had to do that with my basement after a flood (not the original owner). Was not that expensive and it works great.

/ How To Wallboard A Poured Concrete Basement Wall,, Cement Board?

OOPS, I forgot to mention, I will have framing in front of the insulation board, then I need to attach the 3/8" beadboard,,,

I will Ramset the wood to the floor, and attach the wood at the top to the floor joists above.
The bottom board will be treated,,

As far as the sump pump, I am lucky enough to have a floor drain, it is connected to the drain that goes to the septic tank.

/ How To Wallboard A Poured Concrete Basement Wall,, Cement Board? #18  
Cool beans. If you keep the bead board off of the floor 1" it will keep the bead board from wicking up any moisture spills or minor flooding through the slab. Any gaps on the bottom will be covered by the base molding.:drink: