How to weld copper?

/ How to weld copper? #21  
Isn't that always the case? Usually the wife sees something and thinks it would look great. Then when she's informed that gold is $1000 an ounce she changes her mind. Too bad. I've seen a few custom copper vents over stoves that look very nice. But the people putting them in just said do it, not how much. To me copper in a kitchen looks so much nicer than stainless.
It looks better most places. It is not as sterile and cold. It also has kind of an old timey type appeal to me, I like working with it being a soft metal. Bending, shaping, soldering.

/ How to weld copper? #22  
Years ago an engineer friend of mine called me about doing a copper hood for his kitchen remodel. I told him a good tig welder could easily do it. The welder did an excellent job. Polished up it was nice.

/ How to weld copper?
I got the go ahead to do it. Copper was $255 with shipping. Hope to have it here later this week.

/ How to weld copper? #24  
It looks better most places. It is not as sterile and cold. It also has kind of an old timey type appeal to me, I like working with it being a soft metal. Bending, shaping, soldering.

Stainless always looked industrial to me.

I got the go ahead to do it. Copper was $255 with shipping. Hope to have it here later this week.

I'm sure plenty of us are looking forward to the pictures.

/ How to weld copper? #25  
I might have a job that will include welding, or maybe brazing, some copper. I will fold it over one inch and I need to connect the bent over part. This will be a cover that will go over a cabinet. It will be 22 mil thick, or 24 gauge. Its pure copper.

What would you do?

I might just take it to a welder and have them do it, but for such a small project, I think I can do this myself.

Thank you.

Eddie, did you figure this out yet? If not, are you an O/A welder? I have found a process to torch weld copper. You use copper filler or fuse w/o filler and a special flux.

Ron

/ How to weld copper?
I have unrolled the copper and I'm letting it sit out in the sun. Temps are in the mid 60's and warming up into the high 70's next week. I'm hoping that the sun will relax it to lay flat. I still need to cut it and bend it. Once that's done, I plan to take it to the welder and have a pro do it. There will only be two welds, each an inch long.

/ How to weld copper? #27  
Eddie, did you figure this out yet? If not, are you an O/A welder? I have found a process to torch weld copper. You use copper filler or fuse w/o filler and a special flux.
Ron

What process do you use? I do oxy-acet welding and am always interested in a new process.
rScotty

/ How to weld copper? #28  
What process do you use? I do oxy-acet welding and am always interested in a new process.
rScotty

Here is their web link:http://https://www.tinmantech.com/

They have fluxes for copper, aluminum, stainless, and cast iron. Haven't tried any yet. Good to know. They have a lot interesting stuff.

Ron

/ How to weld copper? #30  

That company does have a lot of stuff that they buy and resell but.. You can get a much better selection at a much better cost by simply visiting Harris Products group ( Lincoln Owned ) Allstate ( ESAB ) or Weldcote Metals ( lowest cost ) Washington Alloys ( Import ). These 4 are the best go to and price due to being importers and manufacturers.