How tough is a middle buster

/ How tough is a middle buster #12  
I think northern tool sells combo things on a potato plow,,,how tough is a potato plow?,,,you just better hope its not tougher than your tractor,,they work real good for plowing out potatoes,,any body besides me ever use one for what its supposed to be used for? thingy

/ How tough is a middle buster #13  
The MB I have is a single blade. It cost about $100.00 and the tip of it has folded in on itself. Its still usuable but not great.

/ How tough is a middle buster #14  
deereman64:

What are pulling the middlebuster with? Jay

/ How tough is a middle buster
I have looked at subsoilers and middle busters on the web and other than the shoe I don't see much difference. There must be somthing I am missing because there is about 20# difference in weight. Is one built stronger than the other or is longer so it digs deeper.

/ How tough is a middle buster #16  
jbrumberg said:
deereman64:

What are pulling the middlebuster with? Jay

Hi

I have a deere 2210. I dont think its roots doing it...more hitting rocks

/ How tough is a middle buster #17  
Hooked_on_HP said:
I have looked at subsoiler and middle buster on the web and other than the shoe I don't see much difference. There must be something I am missing because there is about 20# difference in weight. Is one built stronger than the other or is longer so it digs deeper.

What your missing is the length of the main vertical solid rectangular post. On the middle buster the main post is longer by several inches, and the back brace on the horizontal piece a bit longer. It allows for the middle buster to penetrate deeper that middle buster. I was confused myself as well and could not see why there is about 20 lbs of difference. On mine I put a chisel point ?? (I think:eek: ) on it to force it to go deeper and act as bottom buster with a replaceable point. I'm winging it as I go and have little experience with it. I used the furrower attachment to part the ground. Come spring I'm going to work them heavy to see if I could use it as a cheap tillage equipment for a small garden say 5000 sq.ft.

dsc03864cu0.jpg

Last edited:
   / How tough is a middle buster #19  
I don't want to hijack the thread, but are there any Cat II subsoilers out there? I'm sure there are but all the ones on the internet that I've found are Cat I. On my tractor I can use either category but the Cat II seems to work better.

/ How tough is a middle buster #20  
Yes they make Cat II and Cat III but if you are going to pull a cat II you better have a lot of HP.