How would the Toolcat handle one of these?

/ How would the Toolcat handle one of these?
I just talked to Anbo about their hydraulic grapple rakes. Chris at Anbo claims that they can make a lighter grapple because they use AR-400 steel vs. T-1 steel in the QuickAttach unit. The weight difference is significant: 830 lb for a 60" grapple from QuickAttach vs. 650 lb for a 66" grapple from Anbo. The Anbo is about $420 more than the QuickAttach, but seems like it would be easier to use with the Toolcat. Comments?

Hydraulic grapple rake for 2001 Bobcat 753 skid steer or Toolcat:

66" GR grapple rake with AR-400 steel
8" spacing between tines
Weight = 650 lb.
1/2 inch steel outer tines; 3/8" steel inner tines
51" max opening
fits standard Bob-tach
Hoses and hydraulic couplings to fit Bobcat 753/Toolcat

Danny

/ How would the Toolcat handle one of these? #12  
Hi, Danny. I believe the model of Anbo Grapple I have is the 5GR at 610 pounds. The grapple is 58" wide, with ten tines on 6.5 inch centers. Cheers, --Gadgetnut

/ How would the Toolcat handle one of these?
Gadgetnut,

I think the 610 lbs does not include the weight of the attachment plate. According to my conversations with Del at Anbo, the total weight (add 125 lbs) is 735 lbs. This is still about 100 lbs lighter than the QuickAttach Quick Claw.

I just bought the QuickAttach Claw, mainly because of price. Before I buy a Toolcat, I will have to demo it with the Claw.

Danny

/ How would the Toolcat handle one of these? #14  
I'm kind of late to this post, but I was looking at the Anbo web site and they have a light duty "GRL" series that's lighter. According to their brochure:

Model: 5 1/2’ GRL (66")
Weight: 410 lbs
Max Opening: 36”
Tooth Spacing: 6"
Cylinder Size: 2 x 6

They also have a regular duty model as follows:

Model: 5 1/2’ GR (66")
Weight: 720 lbs
Max Opening: 51”
Tooth Spacing: 6"
Cylinder Size: 3 x 8

What do you guys think? Are the bigger opening and larger cylinders worth the 300 lb weight penalty of the regular duty model? I haven't talked to them yet so I don't know what the cost impact is.

Thanks,
Rolando

/ How would the Toolcat handle one of these? #15  
Rolando,

FWIW, I use the Bobcat utility grapple quite a bit. I've picked up as much brush as it will squeeze many times, carried away probably 18" diameter tree trunks and even dug out a boulder big enough I could not close the grapple all the way. I have no complaints with it. I suspect I could do some damage to it if I was trying to dig out sidewalks or an old foundation. Outside of mowing season that is what is attached most of the time. Seems during mowing season all I do is mow, then mow some more, when that is finished I mow again.

dsb

/ How would the Toolcat handle one of these? #16  
Rolondo,

I mentioned in another posting that I have the 66" lightweight AnBo grapple on a PT1845 and it has been fine. The PT is limited to about 1200 lb lift however, so I did not want to loose too much to the implement itself. I agree with DSB that the Toolcat should not have a problem with the larger model and it would hold more bulk per grab which would be a benifit.

Rip