how your RK 24's doing?

/ how your RK 24's doing? #1  

modelaway

Tractor
rk 24, Ferguson to-30,Satoh s370d
Hi all!
RK 24 owners how's your tractors doing so far and how many hours do you have on it so far?
Mine's running/working fine @ 75 hrs. Just wondering how they've been running as hours accumulate.
I haven't seen too many new u-tube vids with guys using them.

/ how your RK 24's doing? #2  
Very good so far! Almost 300 hrs. and no problems at all. Got the backhoe, grapple, forks and three point finish mower when purchased beginning of 2019. I've been using the tractor to clear trees, move dirt, mow grass, haul lumber, fire wooding, grading stone driveway and even hauling a skid designed to hold 2 garbage totes to the curb and back! When I bought this tractor, I never dreamed it would be such a versatile machine. I own seven acres of ground (half wooded) and thought the RK 37 was the right size to buy, but, (don't take you're better half with you when going to buy something this expensive) after a long "discussion" the RK 24 was mine! I really do love this little tractor, it's so quick at most jobs that I think it could keep up with that RK 37 until the need for more power is called for. Not saying the 24 hp can't do most jobs, cause it can, just smaller bites. So yes, it's ranking right up there with the big names as far as performance, but resale plays in here to and that is something we'll have to see about later.

/ how your RK 24's doing?
Sounds like you use your tractor for about the same things as I do.
I bought the 4' tiller and the 4' brush cutter with mine ( no back hoe).
I have about 11 acres (half wooded) and use it to skid logs,move dirt & gravel, mow, till, ect.
It;s my go to tractor for most jobs and it seems just the right size more the chores I use it for.
Good to hear you're is doing fine at near 300 hrs!
as to re-sale value I figure I've go 15 years if I;m lucky before I'm too old to work the tractor and
at that point I'll just sell it for what it'll bring.
Take care!

/ how your RK 24's doing? #4  
Bought mine about a year ago, I have the loader; backhoe; pallet forks and box blade, 150 hours very good tractor for my small property (1 acre). I have dug small foundations and trenches to a depth of 4', used forks to haul brush and tree's that I fell, spread gravel on my driveway, dug out tree stumps and bushes.
The trees really put the tractor to task given that the last two were 75' cottonwoods with 34" diameter trunks, that was a lot of weight but it did the job. So long as I am careful and keep the machine up I believe that I made a wise choice.
I think that you will love your 24 just as do I, my only caveat would be that when the time comes for professional tractor repair on some issue beyond my capability, I do not have confidence in my local RK dealer, but I do have a relative that can do the work.

Ohio RK 24 I have the same concern about my local RK stores's ability to do any major warranty repairs should they be needed.
Hopefully it'll just be routine maintenance which I'll handle myself.

/ how your RK 24's doing? #6  
Hello. So far pretty good. About 160 hrs. Had the mobile service replace a melted/shorted wiring harness. Replacement was rerouted so as not to repeat problem. I am a bit dissatisfied that it was not easy to order a replacement pulley for MMM. Third or fourth try was told it would be 2 months. We'll see, it is about due. Luckily not necessary as we have rear cutter also, as well as lawn mower. Tractor it self has been good.

circled glad the tractor itself is good! hope that pulley gets here soon.

/ how your RK 24's doing? #8  
For those who might not know, seeing the hydro oil in the sight glass is sketchy ( for me at least ) on advice of my relative who works on tractors for a living I added John Deere MT3668 hydro dye to the reservoir after doing my 50 hour service, this gives the fluid a red color ( looks like ATF fluid ).
It makes seeing the fluid in the sight glass so easy even at a glance, I would recommend it if like me you have difficulty seeing the hydro fluid as it comes out of the jug.
Hope that this is of help to some.

/ how your RK 24's doing? #9  
Well over 200 hours on mine. No problems to date. Would be higher but two many hospital trips this summer.

The MMM is a rebranded King Kutter if I remember right.

The dye is handy in any sight glass equipped equipment. I always hated the sight glasses until I learned about the dye.

Rusty T sorry about your hospital visits this summer and I hope all's better now.
glad your tractor is running well!