HP and Tier 4 question

/ HP and Tier 4 question #11  
Has anyone checked this out?

willy

I know that the Massey 1835M that i have on order is stage V compliant. Im not crazy about the reliability of emissions equipment but the tractor had everything else i wanted.

I have not had the opportunity to research Stage V vs Tier IV Final. I know i have read that it has been implemented in Europe. My gut tells me its another level of Tier IV since it is not written as TIER V.

I look forward to anyones response that has more insight into the matter.

/ HP and Tier 4 question #12  
Thank you. I really want something in the 100hp range, but I could save a bunch of money if I went down to 75hp and pulled a 12 foot batwing.

I think that I'll go back to my original plan, and try to find a low hour 2012 or older tractor.

if you have not been searching I think you are in for a surprise. Low hour pre emission tractors are in high demand and are commanding high prices. Many ten year old tractors are selling for more now than they did new. I was looking for virtually the same thing as you are and finally gave up. I couldn’t justify spending 60k on a ten year old machine when I could buy a new one with warranty for less.

For the most part tractors with DPF only and no DEF aren’t that bad. DEF typically starts once you exceed 75 HP and DPF starts over 25HP.

/ HP and Tier 4 question
You're right. It's tough finding a low hour tractor that is before Tier 4 emissions. I still might buy new. For now, I'm just day dreaming and trying to learn as much as I can.

/ HP and Tier 4 question #14  
If you like Deere I know where a pre emission 5100E cab and loader is with 300 hours. Old man owned it and rarely used it. He passed away and his brother hung on to it for years. It isn’t cheap I think they want 55k but it might be one of the lowest hour pre emission tractors you can find. I almost bought it myself but decided the green paint wasn’t worth that much to me.

/ HP and Tier 4 question
Thanks, but I'm not ready to buy yet. I want to pay off my wife's Mini Van and our new HVAC system first.

/ HP and Tier 4 question #16  
I'm sure that I've read that answer to this somewhere, but so far, I haven't found it anywhere.

If all goes well, which is never does, I'm sort of, kind of, hoping that I might actually buy a cab tractor later this year. If that happens, the two concerns that I have is Tier 4, and computers built into it that will only allow the dealer to repair it. The main use for this tractor will be pulling a batwing. I would prefer a 15 foot, but might consider 12 foot.

Is there a HP rating in a new tractor that does not have Regen? From what I've read and watched on Youtube, the Regen process is where all of the issues with Tier 4 seem to happen. I would really prefer not to deal with any of that. I can get more HP and features for less money if I buy used. If I can avoid the computer issue, that would be a good reason to buy used. Or if there is a brand that sells new tractors that does not have the computer issue for repairs. I believe both Kubota and Deere have gone that route, I'm not sure of other brands.

I thought that 75 hp was the line for Regen and Tier 4. Am I correct in thinking that I can buy a new 74 HP tractor or less and avoid Regen?
No, it's 24 pto horsepower. I'd look hard and buy a pre 4 unit like I did. I already had a 2004 M9000 (83 pt0) and took my time and found another M9000 (2002) vintage in really good condition and bought it. Had it shipped from the seller directly to my dealer and had them go through it. 600 mile trip. They went completely through it to the tune of 4 grand but it's a dandy unit and it males 92 horses on their dyno. I'm impressed with it. 6000 meter hours which isn't squat for an M9. Has a loader with SSQA and came with 2 buckets too. I have 20 total in it. My other one I bought new and it was 53. Been offered (by my dealer who went through it, 30 if I wanted to sell it. Not for sale.

They are hard to find (pre 4's in good condition), but they are out there, you have to look.