HP Requirements for Field Cultivator?

/ HP Requirements for Field Cultivator? #12  
we pulled an 18 1/2 foot with 3 rows of shanks with a 5000 Ford that had duals on it. Front got a little light with out added weight but no problem pulling in ground that had been mold board plowed the previous fall.

/ HP Requirements for Field Cultivator? #13  
Obviously - as is or reduced in width - it should work just fine on broken ground.

/ HP Requirements for Field Cultivator? #14  
These are awesome. I used mine yesterday to deep till my garden. It sinks down the full 18” and pulled easy with my MX.

https://www.(Temporarily blocked du...vator-Ripper-p/fc-field-cultivator-cain-9.htm

Last edited:
   / HP Requirements for Field Cultivator? #15  
Rocks and tillers dont go well together , A heavy disk might be a better option.

/ HP Requirements for Field Cultivator? #16  
How much tractor weight and HP is needed to pull something like this 10.5' Cat 1 field cultivator?

View attachment 740451?

Depends on field conditions. For what you mention, going back through previously tilled ground to rip up weeds, a 50ish HP utility tractor like your 2150 would probably be fine, although if the soil is particularly heavy or dry and caked, you may need something with about another 20 HP and another ton of weight. We pulled a Deere field cultivator about that width with sweeps and a tine harrow with an 80 HP tractor and it never had any issues with it. That cultivator did also weigh a good ton or so, it was a lot heavier than the one you have. If you do find this is too much to pull with your 2150, remove shanks until it pulls it well.

/ HP Requirements for Field Cultivator? #17  
MX5200 here with a 9 tine Fred Cain as well. It will sink deep on broken ground, but will take more work on new ground to get that deep. Second till is a breeze with it.