HST fan

/ HST fan #1  

Krazi

Tractor
Kioti CS 2220
What does it take to replace? Had 7 hours on it and ran a stick into it. Had muffs on and didn't hear a thing. Took all the blades off it.

/ HST fan #2  
This may make sense to some, but I think you need to post a lot more details about your situation if you want to receive helpful responses.

/ HST fan #3  
Ugh, that's not a good one; it'll be a lot cheaper if you can handle the job yourself, but that's uncharted territory for me!

I wish you luck!

/ HST fan
Plastic fan on the front of the transmission. Faces towards the front of the tractor underneath the floorboard. Shaft from the motor goes to it via a driveshaft

/ HST fan
Looks like 4 nuts to remove the drive shaft. Don't know what happens after that.

/ HST fan #7  
Looks like 4 nuts to remove the drive shaft. Don't know what happens after that.

The drive shaft ought not be too hard to remove; I just hope you don't have to drop the transaxle or take off the fender pan.

/ HST fan
Looks like I need to figure out how to fix it and buy two or three of them for spares. Looks like it could be a persistent fix. I think the fan blade is like 18 bucks

/ HST fan #9  
I am looking at fabbing some protection underneath to prevent this very problem. I would look for a service manual on line.

/ HST fan
Ya checking into that too. Live about 20 miles from the dealer and don't have a trailer. I am somewhat mechanical and have a few screw turners and nail pounders on hand. Haven't found a lot of repair manuals online. Maybe the model is too new to have much out there? It looks like it comes off easy enough, just don't want to start something I can't finish.