HST fluid level (Sightglass) location MX5400

/ HST fluid level (Sightglass) location MX5400 #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
I and a friend looked all around my MX5400 trying to find the sightglass to see the level of HST fluid in my tractor yesterday. Couldn't find it. Have owners manual which hasn't answered my question and know owners of a MX5400 will know where it is and tell me.
Will be going to dealer in a few days because my front hyd for grapple isn't working, first time trying it. Going to dealer so the mechanic can show me where they put the inline fuse before having the tractor taken to dealer to fix it. Can have them show me location of sightglass but sure someone here will be glad to tell me that owns a MX5400 and has seen theirs and knows exactly where it is and can describe the location to where I can understand. :)

/ HST fluid level (Sightglass) location MX5400 #2  
Not sure if it helps on the 5400, but the MX5100 is on the rear axle housing....looking at back of tractor it is slightly higher (I think) and a little to the left of the PTO shaft

/ HST fluid level (Sightglass) location MX5400 #4  
From memory, it's some inches to the left of the PTO shaft. If you still don't find it I can take a picture later. It's easy to miss if it's dirty.

Also be sure you view it under a consistent level environment, it's easily affected by even the slightest shift in terrain.

/ HST fluid level (Sightglass) location MX5400 #5  
I have an MX6000 and the sight glass is indeed to the left of the PTO. The dealer appeared to do a good job of getting the correct amount of oil in the system.

I spent a few minutes the other day identifying and locating the various filters including oil, fuel, transmission and hydraulic.

sight_glass.jpg

sight_glass2.jpg

/ HST fluid level (Sightglass) location MX5400
Thanks to all who replied. I looked at my owners manual yesterday and now makes more sense with all your input. I believe I can now find it. I was looking way higher up on the machine looking in relation to the fill hole believing it would be higher up.
Just about to turn over my first 50hours and have the 3 filters and engine oil and extra SUDT2 to go forth and do the first service.
Now if I can find that inline fuse and hope that is why my front hyd isn't working for my grapple. Hate when new "stuff" doesn't work.

/ HST fluid level (Sightglass) location MX5400 #7  
I have an MX6000 and the sight glass is indeed to the left of the PTO. The dealer appeared to do a good job of getting the correct amount of oil in the system.

I spent a few minutes the other day identifying and locating the various filters including oil, fuel, transmission and hydraulic.

sight_glass.jpg

sight_glass2.jpg

Don’t think my tractors have ever been that clean. Good pictures.

/ HST fluid level (Sightglass) location MX5400 #8  
Thanks to all who replied. I looked at my owners manual yesterday and now makes more sense with all your input. I believe I can now find it. I was looking way higher up on the machine looking in relation to the fill hole believing it would be higher up.
Just about to turn over my first 50hours and have the 3 filters and engine oil and extra SUDT2 to go forth and do the first service.
Now if I can find that inline fuse and hope that is why my front hyd isn't working for my grapple. Hate when new "stuff" doesn't work.
50 hours without knowing the fluid levels? Bold move.

/ HST fluid level (Sightglass) location MX5400 #9  
Don’t think my tractors have ever been that clean. Good pictures.

Thanks! :p It's a new tractor with less than 10 hours on it and I've only used it to push snow with the snow blade and drag some snow with the rear blade. It won't be anywhere near as clean come the spring and summer!

/ HST fluid level (Sightglass) location MX5400 #10  

I'm sure you know where all the filters are located and which filter does what, but these photos of the filters on my MX6000 might be helpful.

Engine oil filter - right side, near bottom and front of engine block.

oil_filter.jpg

Fuel filter - right side, under hood, towards top and front of engine block

fuel_filter.jpg

Hydraulic oil filter - right side, below HST pedal

hydraulic_filter.jpg

Transmission oil filter - left side, below brake pedals

trans_filter.jpg