HST No Go

/ HST No Go #1  

NC419N

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2670 Kioti NX5510C Ford 3000 ford 4500TLB Ford 9N Farmtrac 555DTC New Holland 1720 New Holland 2120 Kubota BX22 Kubota ZD1200
My NX4510HST Cab has 143 hours, This weekend while pushing up burn piles my Calibration light comes on and the machine would hardly move forward or backward. I limp it out of harms way and call my dealership to ask how to reset it. After going thru the process with the tech the machine would not move at all.
Anyone else have this issue? If so how did you resolve it?? I had my local rollback man take it to the Dealership this morning and I'm waiting on them to answer whats up.
This is the first Hydro Compact Tractor that I have owned and up to this point I have been content using it but its not a confidence builder when pushing burning piles and my Tractor will not get out of its way!! Makes me want to go back to my old school gear model's

/ HST No Go
Just received call from dealer. Stick = broken wire. One more reason to get the belly pan back on the front burner. For the life of me I don't understand why they build a tractor with as many exposed wire's and switches without any sort of protection:confused3:

/ HST No Go #3  
These newer tractors seem to have as much wiring as a car or truck. My old Ford 8n was simple and could drive over about anything without hurting it. Guys have popped QDs at the loader control valve under the right foot rest. I know with my CK30hst, guys have hit the hydro oil filter that hangs down on the right side and broke the filters mount .Other members have made belly/skid pans for their respective models especially when doing a lot of work in the woods or similar to your work. Put the belly pan on the front burner as you stated.

/ HST No Go #4  
Where is this wire you are talking about? Photo maybe?

/ HST No Go
No Idea when I picked the tractor up the stick was laying in the floorboard. I had looked to see if there was anything like that stuck before taking it to the dealer but guessing it was hidden.
I still can't image a Tractor with that many exposed wires and switches you would think skid plates would be standard

/ HST No Go #6  
Tractors are ag machines, not to be confused with industrial heavy equipment. They are not meant to push bush or undisturbed soil, as a rule...

Guards are a pain to remove for maintenance.

But there should be a "kit" offered for all those who think they bought a dozer...

/ HST No Go
Tractors are ag machines, not to be confused with industrial heavy equipment. They are not meant to push bush or undisturbed soil, as a rule...

Guards are a pain to remove for maintenance.

But there should be a "kit" offered for all those who think they bought a dozer...

I have one of those as well "Dozer" if this application was like places were I first use my Dozer I could understand. I have in the past used my tractor in places that could be considered rough. And when problems come up I fully understand why. That said these machines should by built to perform in place's that a Lawn Mower should not be operated in. If you look at a Massey 135 235 etc Ford 2000 3000 4000 you don't have all sorts of dangling parts in harms way. Just saying maybe they (tractors) should be made to use and not made to sell and be Status Symbols

/ HST No Go #8  
Point taken.

Guards should be offered.

/ HST No Go #9  
I will have to make a guard for my ventures into the woods. I have a lot of work to do there.

/ HST No Go #10  
It doesn't take much. I have plenty of branches being shed from the trees around the homestead. I look to just mulch them up. The can, of course, get "stepped on" just right such that they flip up and retaliate. To me it's just common sense to tuck stuff out of harms way. I wonder how many such calls dealers face like this?

I've popped things off my B7800, and even taken one of the most bewildering hits one could encounter (salmon berry cane shoved up inside the center channel and pushing off the hydraulic return line hose!). I've literally ridden this tractor on top of brush. And in the 1000+ hours of doing such stupid things there's only ever been a few things that have caused it grief.

I recall that when looking at tractors I looked at hanging wires on a Mahindra and thought that I wanted to avoid it for that reason. I had thought that the Kioti was better, but I really cannot say.

The take-away is that if things are working one moment and then the next they are not it's most likely something got disconnected. Look around (very closely) and you're likely going to figure it out. And, as always, just because something has always managed to escape being upset it doesn't mean that it should be excluded from scrutiny: I had to chase down a very perplexing no-start issue with my B7800- turned out to be TWO issues, one of which had never happened before (I was focusing it on being a seat switch issue -I was operating the tractor w/o its seat because the seat rail broke (have to get the job done!)- and it wasn't that at all. Oh! I once had the main fuse pop out on the B7800- tractor stopped instantly, I needed only look straight down to see that the fuse had popped out on to the ground (couldn't get far!).