HST questions

/ HST questions #1  

RJJR

Gold Member
Tractor
2011 Kioti DK45 HST
I've got a DK45 with 48 hours on it and today I had trouble getting it out of mid-range into neutral. It was stuck tight. I backed in to my shelter to drop an implement which is on a slight incline and wanted to put it in neutral to lock the breaskk so i could get off and unhook the equipment. I rocked it back and forth and finally got it but then had trouble getting it to go back in. Finally got it in and move the tractor but now I can't get it back into any gear. The hst handle is really tight. Any ideas? Not sure what could have happened.
thanks

/ HST questions #2  
when i first got my tractor change gear ranges (A, B, and C) gave me a fit...it was difficult and i felt like i could have broken it in trying to get it to shift. i learned on this site that some new tractors have this issue and it will get better with use...which mine did. no problem now. I'd suggest that you start your tractor, and turn your front wheels all the way right and all the way left a few times then try to shift gear range. make sure you're not in 4wd.

/ HST questions #3  
With my NH TC40DA HST to move the Low/High range lever to neutral I put on the brakes and gently nudge the reverse pedal. The lever then easily moves to neutral. The manual does not talk about this but several owners have commented on having to do this.

/ HST questions #4  
Push clutch in than little roll step on brakes quick see if that helps.

/ HST questions #5  
And you could let it roll if its on an incline until its a few feet from where it locked up, then try putting it in gear. Run it at the lowest idle possible and try moving the range selector stick into any range: L,M,H that it will give you. As stated it may just be a combo of where you stopped in the rotation of the wheels, etc. Even if you're between ranges try pushing on the forward and or back pedals and sometimes that will help it go into the range you're selecting.
play with it, I'm sure it will learn who's boss soon enough!:thumbsup: :laughing:

/ HST questions #6  
With my NH TC40DA HST to move the Low/High range lever to neutral I put on the brakes and gently nudge the reverse pedal. The lever then easily moves to neutral. The manual does not talk about this but several owners have commented on having to do this.

I work for a bobcat rental yard/dealer I've found this issue to be quite common with the brand new machines our rental fleet not so much. But just like Repowell mentioned, tapping on the hst pedal (either direction seems to work) just enough to moves things a bit works just fine. try that out you should be able to get to slide in and out of range like butter.

/ HST questions
when i first got my tractor change gear ranges (A, B, and C) gave me a fit...it was difficult and i felt like i could have broken it in trying to get it to shift. i learned on this site that some new tractors have this issue and it will get better with use...which mine did. no problem now. I'd suggest that you start your tractor, and turn your front wheels all the way right and all the way left a few times then try to shift gear range. make sure you're not in 4wd.

Thanks for everyones advice. I tried it all and its still locked in place. :mad: Not going to force it and make soemthing worse. It's locked up tight. Will call the dealer on Monday.
Thanks

/ HST questions #9  
Try using the loader and lift the front wheels off the ground. See if that helps. Something is in a bind and maybe having the front wheels up off the ground will help to take the binding away. ;)

/ HST questions
tpulley said:
What did they say?

It"s at the dealership now. Said it would be at least a week before he could look at it. Hopefully sooner. Have over an acre of garden that I don't want to get away from me.