Oil & Fuel HST transmission fluid does anyone use a non Kubota brand? Recommendations?

/ HST transmission fluid does anyone use a non Kubota brand? Recommendations? #11  
Chevron synthetic THF meets all the requirements of SUDT2. I've been told it's a full synthetic so it's probably even a little bit better than SUDT2. You may have luck finding it locally or find someone locally who can get you it. If they have to order it then you might be stuck buying a case or a 5 gallon bucket.

/ HST transmission fluid does anyone use a non Kubota brand? Recommendations? #12  
I have used Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF in all of my Kubotas for the last 7 years.

It meets or exceeds all the specs, and works very well in -0F and +100F temps. It also significantly reduces HST whine.

/ HST transmission fluid does anyone use a non Kubota brand? Recommendations? #13  
   / HST transmission fluid does anyone use a non Kubota brand? Recommendations? #14  
I too am a big fan of Amsoil products. I started using their 2 stroke oil years ago. Although I am reluctant to use anything other than Kubota products at this time because my L3560 was bought new and under warranty. My wife and I bought a new Subaru WRX awhile back. I have always done my own oil service. Big mistake !! The Motor broke a rod at 36k miles. Still under warranty but the Dicks at Subaru said that the oil changes were too far apart. I changed the oil every 5000 miles. Manual states 7500 Since I admitted to driving the car off the paved roads Subaru considered this severe use which required oil changes at 3750 miles. What a bunch of bull....The Dipshits at Subaru opted to not cover the new engine. A 6800 dollar gotcha. The fine print in the OEM manual states that off hi way use will void any warranty. I bet you a nickel Kubota has something up there sleeve as well.

/ HST transmission fluid does anyone use a non Kubota brand? Recommendations? #15  
I too am a big fan of Amsoil products. I started using their 2 stroke oil years ago. Although I am reluctant to use anything other than Kubota products at this time because my L3560 was bought new and under warranty. My wife and I bought a new Subaru WRX awhile back. I have always done my own oil service. Big mistake !! The Motor broke a rod at 36k miles. Still under warranty but the Dicks at Subaru said that the oil changes were too far apart. I changed the oil every 5000 miles. Manual states 7500 Since I admitted to driving the car off the paved roads Subaru considered this severe use which required oil changes at 3750 miles. What a bunch of bull....The Dipshits at Subaru opted to not cover the new engine. A 6800 dollar gotcha. The fine print in the OEM manual states that off hi way use will void any warranty. I bet you a nickel Kubota has something up there sleeve as well.
Noce to know, since my daughter was looking at one! She was looking at a 2020 Forester, liked the "all wheel drive" since her aunt lives on a dirt road!
Vetoed that just now!!
David from Jax

/ HST transmission fluid does anyone use a non Kubota brand? Recommendations? #16  
This is an ancient thread but I have tried other brands of fluid in different Kubotas. In an HST model like my B7800, SUDT2 outperformed the other high quality brand I tried. The SUDT2 had way less whine in the trans. So, after just a few hours of use, I took out what I put in to save a buck and put new SUDT2 back in. I think I did a thread on this. For a gear drive trans there was no difference in performance.

Kubota must add something to their SUDT2 that makes it a little bit different. So, if you're new to this topic, my free advice is to go with the SUDT2 if you have an HST trans and skip everything else.

Last edited:
   / HST transmission fluid does anyone use a non Kubota brand? Recommendations? #17  
Here is the recommendations of Shell:

/ HST transmission fluid does anyone use a non Kubota brand? Recommendations? #18  
Noce to know, since my daughter was looking at one! She was looking at a 2020 Forester, liked the "all wheel drive" since her aunt lives on a dirt road!
Vetoed that just now!!
David from Jax

We have a lot of 4wd and back roads here in Colorado. I've never owned a Subaru, but lots of friends have them. Very popular cars out here. They are considered to be exceptionally reliable.

Come to think of it, I do have recent Subaru experience. Almost forgot, but a friend did loan us her 3 year old Subaru for a month's vacation last January. Nice car. Very tight & solid feeling and handled snow and dirt roads well. Seemed like any other newish car..... lacking soul, but troublefree & not lacking in abiilty.
If anything, it felt a little safer than other similar cars. Better visibility and really great mirrors.

I'll not be buying one. One of the reasons for Subaru popularity is they are economical. Although I enjoyed driving it, when I buy I like a larger size car.
rScotty

/ HST transmission fluid does anyone use a non Kubota brand? Recommendations? #19  
Vetoed that just now!!
David from Jax
We have a Subaru Forester and love it for snowy roads. It’s not really an off road vehicle, but we do live on a gravel road. It’s the best on road snow and ice vehicle I have ever owned. I would buy another one tomorrow. But I do use my Jeep or truck when I’m doing serious offroad travel. We have 100k mikes without a repair and always dealer service.

/ HST transmission fluid does anyone use a non Kubota brand? Recommendations? #20  
With the cost of an HST pump, why I ask would you not use Kubota HST fluid? I don't predict dire results of using something else, but why would you?