Price Check Huge price differences on an XJ2025H, can you buy online?

/ Huge price differences on an XJ2025H, can you buy online? #1  

COchris

Tractor
LS
I have been shopping for a home tractor for awhile and after finding you all started looking at LS. I am dead set on the XJ2025H, but trying to figure out how to get a good price.
Dealer 1 says : $15500 for tractor/loader (says the loader is free), plus $8500 for the backhoe ($24K total)
Only other CO dealer isn't very responsive.
Online I see as low as $14500 for the tractor/loader and $20K for tractor/loader/backhoe
Financing seems to be 0% for 5 years or 5% for 7 years with a free loader.

Why am I seeing a 20% difference in pricing and how do I get them down? I cant even see an MSRP anywhere.
Can you buy a tractor online?

And last question.... remote hydraulics. They are charging $500 for two port and $1000 for 4. Why is this so expensive? Can I install some myself? It seems very simple (I am very mechanically capable).

Thanks,
Chris

/ Huge price differences on an XJ2025H, can you buy online? #2  
Go to the LSUSA website and see what comes standard. I don't know what comes on the small tractors but $500 per set seems reasonable for adding.
Where are you seeing "ONLINE" pricing. If it is a dealer from another state, it could easily be taxes and transportation that is driving your local prices up OR it could just be dealer greed. Backhoe pricing seems to be about $1500-2K higher than I see reported from other people.

If you want absolute cheapest, just continue to shop around to find the best price. I would say less than $1000 difference would be expected between any dealer and any more than that, I would just cross that dealer off my shopping list.

/ Huge price differences on an XJ2025H, can you buy online? #3  
I see from the lstractorusa website that not remote hydraulic are include on this model and option for only one set. $500 per set is about the going rate for add on by dealer. You could maybe get a little better price if you special ordered.
As for dealer to dealer cost, anything more than $1000 difference between dealers and I would completely mark that high priced one off my list.

You need to inquire about the low price online dealer and find out his location. He could be in a closer (much closer) state to the LS distribution point so his transportation might be a lot less plus state taxes could be an issue also.

/ Huge price differences on an XJ2025H, can you buy online? #4  
LS prices seem to have gone up a good bit in the past couple of years.

I remember about $13,000 for this model two years ago. (tractor and loader)

/ Huge price differences on an XJ2025H, can you buy online? #5  
I just ordered an LS from my local dealer and had dual remote ports (2 pair) added for $300 total. $500 per pair seems excessively high to me. As for finding the best deal, I would suggest doing more internet searching and calling those that seem promising. You can always arrange to have the tractor transported to you by a third-party if the purchase price is low enough to make it worthwhile. (Like most large dollar purchases, cash is King and will normally get you a better price and other considerations.) I just recently sold a tractor and the buyer found a transporter, on a bidding site, that took it to him for much less than the normal shipping cost.

Hope this helps.

/ Huge price differences on an XJ2025H, can you buy online? #6  
2 years ago there were cheap tier 3 engines not the expensive clean tier 4 ones they have to sell now.

I think it was $1,500 in parts for 3 spools on my tractor. I got a nicer more expensive valve, but did all the install myself. $500 a spool installed isn't out of line at all

/ Huge price differences on an XJ2025H, can you buy online? #7  
You might check RCO tractor in Texas. Have no affiliation, but from their prices posted on the website, they look quite a bit cheaper.

Those LS prices from you local dealer seem very high.

1 year ago I got a 25 Horse Massey GC1720 TLB with Rhino rotary cutter and box blade for $18,000 with 0 percent financing for 5 years.

/ Huge price differences on an XJ2025H, can you buy online?
Thanks everyone. I am surprised at the pricing for remotes install, but it is good to know that is probably about right. I might do it myself just cause it would be fun even if I didn't save anything.
I did find the pricing at RCO and they definitely have better package deals. I am going to try the second local dealer and see if he will match the price. I'm not in a huge rush so that makes it easier to shop.

/ Huge price differences on an XJ2025H, can you buy online? #9  
MtnViewRanch on here (Brian) is the 1 man show behind Fit Rite Hydraulics - fitritehydraulics.com. he has a great reputation on here & delivers a great product. He helped me design my system & sold me the parts. Not the cheapest or fastest, but good quality gear that will last & great support.

My DIY project was a great learning experience even though I'd never done anything hydraulic related before. My ignorance cost me a handful of mis-ordered parts & what not. But the education was worth the extra price & piece of mind doing it myself.

/ Huge price differences on an XJ2025H, can you buy online? #10  
Bought my XJ2025H with loader and backhoe from a local dealer late last summer for less than $21k cash price and he threw in some implements at good prices. Financed privately. Watch those internet package prices- sometimes its not for the hydro version of the tractor.