Hunter in tree almost gets trimmed by helicopter trim saw

/ Hunter in tree almost gets trimmed by helicopter trim saw #21  
OP was correct: an expensive accident waiting to happen.

/ Hunter in tree almost gets trimmed by helicopter trim saw #22  
They used one to trim near where I was working about 20 years ago. Fueled up and even parked over night in the field next place over. Neat piece of equipment. Dangerous job tho.

No way that hunter didnt hear it in PLENTY of time to look around, see what it was, and get out of the way.

/ Hunter in tree almost gets trimmed by helicopter trim saw #23  
At the very least the power company owned him a letter in advance telling him they'd be trimming in that area on those dates. Also need to check the lease as responsibility of DISPOSAL of trimmings should be written in there somewhere.

/ Hunter in tree almost gets trimmed by helicopter trim saw #24  
They trim along the power lines about every two or three years out where I hunt where it is too rugged for heavy vehicles to access. You can hear the helo a mile away. When we hear one we all jump on the atv's and go watch.

Attachments

• Club Helo Cutting 5-10-2013 (3).JPG
    Club Helo Cutting 5-10-2013 (3).JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 187
   / Hunter in tree almost gets trimmed by helicopter trim saw #25  
Do they fly upside down? I was kind of hoping for some sort of video in the op.

/ Hunter in tree almost gets trimmed by helicopter trim saw #27  
That is something else, and I can't think of too many things that would be more terrifying then to have that thing encroaching on your personal space! Swatting at it would be a really bad idea!

/ Hunter in tree almost gets trimmed by helicopter trim saw #28  
That is something else, and I can't think of too many things that would be more terrifying then to have that thing encroaching on your personal space! Swatting at it would be a really bad idea!

My very first thought was he should have heard it long before it got there ,and been long gone .
If he was swatting at it that just confirmed he was an idiot not just deaf.
I would say he is lucky if he wasn't charged with reckless endangerment ,I doubt if he had any possible legal ground to be there.
I must say I didn't read the news story ,headlines about total idiots don't usually lure me to read them .