Hunter in tree almost gets trimmed by helicopter trim saw

/ Hunter in tree almost gets trimmed by helicopter trim saw #11  
Now that would be something to see in action,but from good distance tho.

Bet that hunter said his prayers and than some.

/ Hunter in tree almost gets trimmed by helicopter trim saw #12  
We didn't have a safety man when I assisted the crew in my terrritory. There was just the pilot, and the ground support guy to repair, and refuel. Most of the time this unit is used in areas where you cannot access easily or cannot get other equipment into the area. Swamps, and rugged areas come to mind. Walked power lines for 4 years when I did line clearing. Real fun when walking during fog, and working around 765 kva lines.

Randy Worked in sub stations with the 500 KVA lines. never saw a 765 where these running from and to?
500 KVA will turn you to bacon at 12 feet .
N.Mex. lines over wilderness Area with no roads were 365 KVA base preparation and towers all hauled in by helicopters. lines strung above the tree height .

ken

/ Hunter in tree almost gets trimmed by helicopter trim saw #13  
Ken, the 765 line was an I and M (Indiana/Michigan power) that ran from a generating station on the Ohio river ran east of Vincennes and continued into Michigan. I have personally seen this line sag about 10 feet on hot summer days, and had my hair stand on end on more than one occasion just from the static. This was an 3 bundle of 4 wires setup. I was working for PSI Energy as a subcontractor line clearance coordinator, and I had a single phase primary under this line.

Spend a year and a half walking 34,69,138,230,and 345 lines cross country, before being assigned to 7200 and 13200 lines to residence and factories.

/ Hunter in tree almost gets trimmed by helicopter trim saw #16  
Man if I could make that thing lay out horizontally I could really trim some hedges with that thing.

/ Hunter in tree almost gets trimmed by helicopter trim saw #17  
   / Hunter in tree almost gets trimmed by helicopter trim saw #18  
Those thing are noisy. I wonder how long of a conservation he had with "Jack" or "Jim" while waiting for a deer.

/ Hunter in tree almost gets trimmed by helicopter trim saw #19  
I never heard of a helicopter tree trimmer...what will they think of next?

Me neither until I saw this thread.

/ Hunter in tree almost gets trimmed by helicopter trim saw #20  
The local news had the helicopter tree trimmer on the news showing it trimming a new bike path. It was filmed out of the news chopper and I thought it was great having never seen or heard of such . Next day trimmer was on the news again- this time where it crashed. Helicopter did not live ; pilot did.