Hurlimann Prince 435 3pt "Float" control.

/ Hurlimann Prince 435 3pt "Float" control. #1  

CalG

Tractor
Hurlimann 435, Fordson E27n, Bolens HT-23, Kubota B7200
SL&H small Tractor Question. SAME Lamborghini & Hurlimann, for those unfamiliar. Italian beauties ;-)

If you have a SAME Solaris, or a Lamborghini Runner or a Hurlimann Prince /435 etc.

Can you get the rear lift to drop when the engine is not running? I can't on my Hurlimann Prince 435.
No position of the two 3pt control levers will let down the rock shaft. I can lift it in the float position, but not get it to droop.

With the engine running, the lift seems to operate just fine.

I've looked hard and long at the linkages and levers at the 3 pt box. I can't see anything out of adjustment.

Float is NOT at the end of the control lever travel on these tractors. The end of position travel is power down.

/ Hurlimann Prince 435 3pt "Float" control. #2  
Some SLH tractors won't let the 3 point go down, when the tractor isn't running...

SR

/ Hurlimann Prince 435 3pt "Float" control.
Some SLH tractors won't let the 3 point go down, when the tractor isn't running...

SR

I've found that out with the one I have. I wonder how that is "featured" in the specs. "Hydraulic check valve that inhibits inadvertent lowering of implements on the 3ph?"

/ Hurlimann Prince 435 3pt "Float" control. #4  
Why does it have to be "featured"?

Have you ever seen it featured in the specs. that "the 3 point WILL lower with the engine off"??

SR

/ Hurlimann Prince 435 3pt "Float" control.
Think about it.

The safety advisory pages at the beginning of the owner's literature states in no uncertain terms that all loaded implements are to be lowered.

But if you forget when you park the tractor, you need to restart the engine to place the load on the ground.

Seems strange to me. Some how, the PR department needs to spin this into a "feature".
I'm blind in one eye, and can't see the logic with the other.

/ Hurlimann Prince 435 3pt "Float" control. #6  
If your tractor has "power down" then I suggest your rockshaft cyl would be plumbed as 'dual-acting' vs the much more common single acting and thus valved accordingly. Not sure I understand how you can lift in the float position. :confused: t o g ('nother name on PM, btw)

/ Hurlimann Prince 435 3pt "Float" control. #7  
It's probably a pilot operated check valve. When the engine is on, they must send pressure to the pilot to keep the check valve open. When the engine is off, the check valve closes and locks the circuit. This was it is still a single acting cylinder.