Husqvarna Chain loosening problem

/ Husqvarna Chain loosening problem #1  

sivart

Tractor
Kubota 3130
Hope someone can help me with this: My chain will loosen up after using the saw for 15-20 minutes or so. This happens with a sharp chain and the bar nuts torqued down as tight as I dare. Have owed several saws before " Stihl" and never had this problem. Thanks

/ Husqvarna Chain loosening problem #2  
They all loosen up a tad when they get warm, longer the bar the more loose they get. I presume your bar oil is adequate? Minimal bar oil will cause a chain to heat up excessively and loosed as well plus it destroys the bar rails over time.

/ Husqvarna Chain loosening problem
Yes, plenty of oil on the chain. Not sure if my adjuster is the problem, it works fine and not sure how much it actually holds the bar from moving when torque nuts are tight. Thanks for the reply.

/ Husqvarna Chain loosening problem #4  
The 10 year old chain on one of my stihls needs to be tighten up every couple of cord or so. I have cut 100 cords with it, it is the original chain. Just tightened it up today. Pretty normal for me I Guess. At some point I won’t be able to tighten anymore. I guess that is when I will replace it….

/ Husqvarna Chain loosening problem #5  
Chains always expand with heat and gain some slack. It should not be excessive though.

Another difference is the chain itself. Stihl-brand chains are pre-stretched, which means they will not elongate much as they are broken in. Other brands do not pre-stretch their chains, so you will notice some growth as they break in. Depending on the model saw, Husky is probably using an Oregon chain.

/ Husqvarna Chain loosening problem #6  
BTW, don't tightly snug up a chain that has loosened from heat. When it cools off and shrinks again, it can cause excessive pressure on the sprocket and end of the crankshaft.

/ Husqvarna Chain loosening problem #7  
BTW, don't tightly snug up a chain that has loosened from heat. When it cools off and shrinks again, it can cause excessive pressure on the sprocket and end of the crankshaft.
I tighten it when I sharpen it after use. If I sharpen it and it won’t lay flat for sharpening it give it a 1/4 turn to snug it up.

/ Husqvarna Chain loosening problem #8  
When adjusting the chain lift up on the loose bar. Some saws (at least mine) the chain will loosen slightly. So I lift up on the bar to set how loose it is and then lift up on the bar when tightening the nuts. That way of the bar works it's way up the chain isn't going to loosen up.

/ Husqvarna Chain loosening problem #9  
What's the saw, type of chain and bar length?
I've a 12" DeWalt that requires tightening frequently, a Stihl 660 w/ a 42" bar that requires only occasional tightening.

/ Husqvarna Chain loosening problem #10  
Can you tell us more about the saw, chain, bar and age?