Hyd stabalizer lever

/ Hyd stabalizer lever #1  

fendmat

Tractor
massey ferguson 50A back hoe
Hi i have a massey 50A backhoe cant get the stabalizer leg to retract the lever will allow leg to go down but when you pull lever back to retract it goes to center then wont go any further as if it is seized every other control arms work perfectly Cheers Ted

/ Hyd stabalizer lever #2  
The lever or the leg comes halfway back?

/ Hyd stabalizer lever #3  
that could be a sign of a bent rod. extend all the way and check with a straight edge.

/ Hyd stabalizer lever
The lever or the leg comes halfway back?
sorry the hyd lever is the problem it will work in one direction then back to center then wont go in opposite direction from the center Thanks Ted

/ Hyd stabalizer lever #5  
sorry the hyd lever is the problem it will work in one direction then back to center then wont go in opposite direction from the center Thanks Ted
It sounds like the spring centering mechanism for that valve spool is malfunctioning. I have no experience to deal with that - sorry. Are you sure there is nothing externally blocking the motion of that lever near the point where it enters the valve body? You may have to remove a cover to see.

/ Hyd stabalizer lever
It sounds like the spring centering mechanism for that valve spool is malfunctioning. I have no experience to deal with that - sorry. Are you sure there is nothing externally blocking the motion of that lever near the point where it enters the valve body? You may have to remove a cover to see.
Hi no there is nothing blocking the lever it just goes to center and when you pull it back to retract the leg it is real solid i gather it is in the valve body but have never pulled one down and i am not sure what to look for Cheers Ted

Attachments

• IMG_0343.JPG
    IMG_0343.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0342.JPG
    IMG_0342.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 48
   / Hyd stabalizer lever #7  
Definitely sounds like the centering mechanism in the spool cap opposite the handle end of the valve spool. Attached is the valve bank from a 50B (I can't get Massey's online parts book to work), but the cap at the bottom of the picture holds the centering spring. The spring may have broken or there is something causing it not to extend the spool into the cap. It might just be that the retainer that holds the spring in place to the end of the spool. Second picture shows what the end of the spool might look like.
Ted

Attachments

• 50B valve bank.jpg
    50B valve bank.jpg
    715.2 KB · Views: 46
  • Valve spool.jpg
    Valve spool.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 43
   / Hyd stabalizer lever
Hi thank you for that i will pull the valve body out Cheers Ted

/ Hyd stabalizer lever #9  
If you can access the bottom end while the valve bank is in place, that is a lot less work. Be careful though of parts/pieces falling out when you take the cap off.