Hydralics

/ Hydralics #1  

Skyhawk75

Tractor
John Deere 5510
I'M ADDING A GRAPPLE TO THE TRACTOR IT SAYS CONNECT TO POWER BEYOND I CAN'T FIND WHERE IT IS TO CONNECT TO. I DON'T SEE THE EXTRA HOSE THEY TALK ABOUT, CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHERE TO CONNECT TO ? THANKS

/ Hydralics #2  
The power beyond port would be on your loader valve, and it could either already be in use, just have a plug in it, or not even exist!

So, first step is find/uncover the loader valve body so you can look at all the ports on it. If there is a low-pressure coming off the loader valve (anything that doesn't have a psi number in the 100+ psi range written on it, anything held together with hose clamps, anything see-through, etc) that would be returning to the fluid reservoir which means there is nothing AFTER your loader valve, or in other words your power beyond port is not already in use leading to something else.

If that's the case look for a different port on the valve body that is currently plugged. It may have BYD stamped near it, and i believe there are some other common markings i dont have memorized. If there is a plug/cap in it, then you will have to get a power beyond 'sleeve'/fitting and screw it in there, and screw the pressure hose leading to your grapple valve/solenoid into that. The current low pressure hose returning to your fluid reservoir gets that hole capped on the valve body, and the hose will now hook to your grapple valve/solenoid.

I believe that's how it would usually work. But i haven't done it.. someone more knowledgeable will be along soon.. lol

/ Hydralics #3  
You need to add a way to control the grapple and not simply just hook up a hose or two.

3 common ways of doing that.

1. A manual 3rd function valve. This requires tapping into the PB port on the loader, Tee'ing a return line to tank, and having its own PB port on the valve.

2. And electric solenoid 3rd function valve. This only requires 2 hoses to the tractor. instead of 3 as above.

3. A diverter valve. This works off an existing function of the loader.

Both 2 and 3 require an button on the joystick.

Search them terms and you will have hours of reading