Hydraulic augers?

/ Hydraulic augers? #41  
My solution
I'm planning on hanging mine like I do with my 3PH PHD.

/ Hydraulic augers? #42  
I wonder if you bolt some metal to block the forward movement of the power head like... (plz excuse lousy art)View attachment 771418
you may be able to drop it down in one go without the strap?

You’ve got to get in front of it to disconnect the hydraulics, putting the ratchet strap takes way less than a minute. I tried to keep it as simple as possible.

/ Hydraulic augers?
I finally got around to mounting up the auger and using it. It did great on the CX2510. I little slow but not terrible. I'd say it took around a minute to get down 30 inches or so. Our dirt is a lot of clay and rocks and the tungsten bits took care of business. Very happy with it. It is heavy though. If I didn't have the BH hooked up I'd have needed some ballast. I'm also going to swap out the straight connectors for 90 degree connectors. With it curled back all the way the frame presses against the hose. I had to do this on my EA grapple hoses as well.

PXL_20230607_231512209.jpg

/ Hydraulic augers? #44  
Glad to hear this.
I've seen so many of these go at auction nearby in the past year, complete with a couple of bits, for about how much I bought my (granted heavy duty) phd and bits, and I could've really used the down pressure particularly when drilling in summertime when the clay gets hard. My bits just polish it and out comes my digging bar.
My guess is that most of our tractors would spin it plenty fast enough; I rarely rev up my engine when using my auger in the first place - 30" in a minute? I'm often watching mine go down a millimeter every ten seconds and then finally deciding I should get the digging bar. I'd take 30" in 5 minutes any day lol