Hydraulic Blowup

/ Hydraulic Blowup #21  
I lived for 32 years in Los Angeles County, now I have to take my wife to Knoxville once a month to her doctor. I have seen the way most people drive, speeding, talking on the phone, weaving in and out of traffic trying to get a car length ahead of everybody else. Some of them are even reading. I've seen the pileups that result, hundreds of cars in California's San Jouquin Valley. Yep, operator error. If you think operating heavy rotating equipment is something that can be done by a book, translated from it's native lanquage by someone who doesn't have a good grasp of English as spoken here, is the way to do things, it is your right. Just don't run into us older folks on the way to the doctor's. Next time you see a crane parked along the highway, look to see if the boom is up or down. It ought to be down, because if the cable that supports it breaks, it could kill, and defenitely will be expensive. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Hydraulic Blowup #22  
Dan places 3 point lever in up position relief valve fails Dan gets covered in oil= Mechanical failure

Elderly gentleman plows into a crowd of people at a farmers market maming several, killing 9 of them= OPERATOR ERROR!!!!

Any Questions???

/ Hydraulic Blowup #23  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I have seen the way most people drive, speeding, talking on the phone, weaving in and out of traffic trying to get a car length ahead of everybody else )</font>
i was not going to respond back to this post as it seems u are taking comments in a personal way, but i could not refrain. the way people drive is not the issue here what is at issue is when one of those stupid folks have to hit the brakes, the brakes should work as intended. if u have a malfunction of the braking system, having your foot on the brake pedal would do no good. oh btw i also am an older person.

/ Hydraulic Blowup #24  
Then you can remember when there was only one part to the master cylinder and if it went out you had no brakes, usually at the bottom of a hill where you had to choose between this fork or that one. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Hydraulic Blowup #25  
Yep, Stan, I'm only about 5 months older than you, and I'll never forget those old master cylinders. Only time I ever had complete brake failure was on a '46 Chevy; terrifying experience even though I was out in the country on a dirt road and no other cars in sight. That was when a 16 year old learned to rebuild a master cylinder, and I assume you remember where they were mounted back then, too.

/ Hydraulic Blowup #26  
yea they are a pain on the old trucks since they were mounted way down on the frame rather than the nice easy firewall location they are nowdays. them single brake systems are kinda creepy, my 79 ford dumptruck has that and
luckly i have never blown a line but i am always lookin at the lines to make sure no rust or rot is appearing, i wouldnt want to be crusing down a hill in 12 tons of truck and cargo and find out i dont have brakes when i get to the bottom. when i got the truck i replaced almost everything in the brake system, wheel cylinders, hoses and most of the lines, if it fails then ya dont have any backup so hopefully it wont happen to me

/ Hydraulic Blowup #27  
Stan: yep i remember those , and also when u could change a fuel pump on a car in 15 min. gosh i think i am making myself feel old /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif