Hydraulic chatter

/ Hydraulic chatter #1  

J Greene

Tractor
1996 John Deere 5200
I've got a 96 John Deere 5200. Hydraulic pump has some chatter. Soon as I operate the lift, loader or turn the steering the chatter stops. I've changed fluid, filter and cleaned the screen - made no difference. Anybody had any issues with this? Thank you.

/ Hydraulic chatter #2  
Probably a by-pass if the noise goes away upon using the hydraulics. Does the tractor have rear remotes? Is it possible that you've switched the lever "on" to the remotes, and with no implements hooked into the lines you are now deadheading the hydraulics? Not good to run like that, if that's the case. Proper fluid? Which depends on the transmission type etc,. Keep us posted...

/ Hydraulic chatter
Probably a by-pass if the noise goes away upon using the hydraulics. Does the tractor have rear remotes? Is it possible that you've switched the lever "on" to the remotes, and with no implements hooked into the lines you are now deadheading the hydraulics? Not good to run like that, if that's the case. Proper fluid? Which depends on the transmission type etc,. Keep us posted...
John Deere oil and filter. The rear remotes run the loader. I bought this tractor without a loader. It had the same chatter before the loader but would stop when steering or using the lift.

/ Hydraulic chatter #4  
Well you didn’t tell me type of oil. JD is brand, I’m asking what type? As in Gear oil or tractor hydraulic/transmission oil for clarification. Just want to know if you’re using the correct TYPE. If you have the correct type, as recommended by the manufacturer, run the situation by your local tractor mechanic and see what they think…🤷

/ Hydraulic chatter
HY GARD. That's what the manual calls for. Total of 10 gallons

/ Hydraulic chatter #6  
Any luck finding the problem?

/ Hydraulic chatter #7  
I also have a JD 5200 with the same issue. I’m wondering if there are plastic/rubber mounts that may be getting wore out.

/ Hydraulic chatter
I also have a JD 5200 with the same issue. I’m wondering if there are plastic/rubber mounts that may be getting wore out.
Still have the same chatter. Replaced the hydraulic pump. That solved nothing. Have no clue what it might be.

/ Hydraulic chatter #9  
I had a similar problem with a Kubota B2710. It was caused by cavitation in the hydraulic system. Kubota had a fix that consisted of a kit to relocate the return line from the power steering. Fixed it!