HYDRAULIC DRAIN PLUG LEAK - '04 BX23

/ HYDRAULIC DRAIN PLUG LEAK - '04 BX23 #11  
Kinda funny that these are same model same year tractors. Personally a drip here and there doesn’t bother me. It’s actually a subtle reminder to check oil levels regularly, which isn’t a bad thing…😬

/ HYDRAULIC DRAIN PLUG LEAK - '04 BX23 #12  
Kinda funny that these are same model same year tractors. Personally a drip here and there doesn’t bother me. It’s actually a subtle reminder to check oil levels regularly, which isn’t a bad thing…😬
I had a '66 Valiant slant 6 that had a drip, here, there, anywhere. Didn't worry about changing the oil, just replenishing :)

/ HYDRAULIC DRAIN PLUG LEAK - '04 BX23 #13  

Too many to be a coincidence. I'd think that maybe they tried something as a change and it didn't work. My guess is that they tried to mold a washer and an o ring together - oh, I see something about that previously. Not sure what their version looks like but that is not something that works well.

That would save a few pennies over machining the surfaces flat and then adding a soft copper washer - which is the way sumps have been sealed for about half a century without leaking.
rScotty

Last edited: