Hydraulic Dump Trailer, Recomend a Good One

/ Hydraulic Dump Trailer, Recomend a Good One #1  

meledward23

Gold Member
Tractor
1025R
Okay,

So I plan on buying a TC-30 for the Ranch Hand to operate and I need a Hydraulic Dump Trailer for it. Now, I am not mechanically inclined in any way. So unless it comes with a step by step manual. I am very technically inclined and can understand most technical explanations, but when I go to use the wrench it all goes bad.

So the point. I need a dump trailer for the farm hand to dump stall shabings in from a bushel. Then he is going to go putting along on a TC-30 (30HP NH) and dump it in a large field. Where the TC-55da will stake it as I so desire. Now I need a good dump trailer that comes working. I have seen some dump trailers that say can have hydraulics added. Those do me no good. I am still trying to figure the one out that I have that is broken. (30+yrs old, needs complete rebuild). But that's not what I need. I need a package that works together. As far as weight, the load wont be all that heavy, so pretty much any working piece of equipment should handle this light and fluffy load.

Thanks,

Matthew

/ Hydraulic Dump Trailer, Recomend a Good One #2  
I never recommend anything, 'cause I got no idea how things will turn out. That said,
The one I have is an EZDumper brand. It's easy to operate, runs off a 12v marine battery. Gets about 10-14 dumps off a charge, depending on the weight. I've made the last dump of the day with jumper cables from the tractor battery a few times.
Mine is a single axle, 4000lb. payload, 5x8 foot, about 2 1/2 ft. deep, with the boards. Cost about 2950 new.
I needed the single axle for manueverability, and didn't need more weight capacity than my H or Tahoe would pull. They come in a variety of sizes and shapes - One thing I like about mine is that the wheels are out the sides, not underneath. Makes it lower, more stable than some I've seen. And easier to throw a load into.
Here's their site. http://www.ez-dumper.com
Wm

Attachments

• 738642-lowerasphault13.jpg
    738642-lowerasphault13.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 378
   / Hydraulic Dump Trailer, Recomend a Good One #3  
Speaking of throwing the stable sweepings in, here's the easy way.
Wm

Attachments

• 738682-loadingmulch2.JPG
    738682-loadingmulch2.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 471
   / Hydraulic Dump Trailer, Recomend a Good One
Yes, recomending can be a tricky thing.

But showing your stuff off works well. thanks.

Yes I think that may be a way to go and that is the sort of thing I am looking for. So if there are any others out there people please inform me.

Thanks

/ Hydraulic Dump Trailer, Recomend a Good One #5  
Happy with mine.
It was made locally but much like those available elsewhere.
Cheers!

/ Hydraulic Dump Trailer, Recomend a Good One #6  
I wish mine had the tailgate that opens in the middle and swings out of the way. Mine swings from the top, easy to dump dirt, sand gravel, etc, but to dump composted stable shavings that want to come out all in a lump I have to remove it. Incovenient, and when I'm 64 it'll be a chore.
Wm
All of a sudden, now that I think of it, I bet I can convert mine. Soon as I finish the grader I'll have another welding job. YAAA!!!

/ Hydraulic Dump Trailer, Recomend a Good One #7  
Hahaha!!!, see how we are ... I wish I had your top-hinge gate!!! I take mine off too and I expect to leave it off most of the time. I'll probably modify mine too but it may not wind up being a big deal.

Grader!? What grader? I'm interested already!

/ Hydraulic Dump Trailer, Recomend a Good One #8  
I've been looking at the Dura-Grader that SonnieP got, and a couple of other brands. Figured out how to make a pull behind model (I think) for my old H. A work in progress at present; if it works I'll post about it, if it doesn't I may just keep it to myself.
Wm

/ Hydraulic Dump Trailer, Recomend a Good One #9  
I have an Anderson that I like. It is like this. The tailgate goes both ways, top hinge with chains to limit or swing out to one side. I think it can be removed but I have not tried that yet.

/ Hydraulic Dump Trailer, Recomend a Good One #10  
If you are after a trailer to keep off-road only PROVONOST has a good looking line that use tractor hydraulics to dump. Some have back as well as side dumping.