Hydraulic filters

/ Hydraulic filters #1  

CSYS

Tractor
Branson 4720H
Hello,
I'm new to joining the forum but have read plenty of posts over the last couple years, so I thought it time to join.

I have a 2017 Branson 4720h and I'm looking to change the hydraulic oil filters. I understand there are two on this tractor, one for the hydrostatic drive and one for the rest of the hydraulics.

One filter has the numbers TA00025525B (long and white) and the other one has TA00043153A (shorter and blue).
I cant find anyone who crosses over these filter numbers. I can find a couple places who have these exact filters online but they EXPENSIVE. Really thought, it would sure be nice if I could just pick them up at NAPA or someplace similar without all the hassle.

Anyone have any suggestions or know what filters work besides looking for the OEM replacements?
Thanks and I look forward to learning more from the peeps around here.

/ Hydraulic filters #2  
Hello,

The general consensus, which I agree 1000%, is that it's better for you to stick with OEM filters, specially the hydraulic ones. There have been cases in the past of burned hydraulic pumps because of the use of some aftermarket filter that wasn't quite right.

That being said, I'm using a Baldwin BT372-10 as a replacement for the TA00025525A/B/C. So far I only got 60 hours on it but absolutely no difference was noted in hydraulic speed, temps, pressure, noise, etc. I know that a lot more people here use that filter with no issues at all.

The Baldwin filter is about 1" shorter but that's because the Baldwin has the spring inside recessed towards the cartridge, while the Branson one is not recessed making overall length longer. I have open the Branson one before.

I don't have a cross for the other hydraulic filter as my tractor is not hydrostatic.

Anyway, surely you can contact a dealer somewhere and they can ship the filters to you. I have heard nothing but good things about Daves Tractors and Big Tex Tractors, but I'm sure there are plenty more out there.

/ Hydraulic filters
Hello,

The general consensus, which I agree 1000%, is that it's better for you to stick with OEM filters, specially the hydraulic ones. There have been cases in the past of burned hydraulic pumps because of the use of some aftermarket filter that wasn't quite right.

That being said, I'm using a Baldwin BT372-10 as a replacement for the TA00025525A/B/C. So far I only got 60 hours on it but absolutely no difference was noted in hydraulic speed, temps, pressure, noise, etc. I know that a lot more people here use that filter with no issues at all.

The Baldwin filter is about 1" shorter but that's because the Baldwin has the spring inside recessed towards the cartridge, while the Branson one is not recessed making overall length longer. I have open the Branson one before.

I don't have a cross for the other hydraulic filter as my tractor is not hydrostatic.

Anyway, surely you can contact a dealer somewhere and they can ship the filters to you. I have heard nothing but good things about Daves Tractors and Big Tex Tractors, but I'm sure there are plenty more out there.
Thank you very much for the quick reply...
Great information!
I guess I'll stick with the OEM filters as long as I can still get them.

Without starting a new thread, do you have any suggestions on how to change the filters? Just remove and replace as fast as possible without loosing as much hydro fluid as possible? I've looked for any videos on this topic but not much out there.

/ Hydraulic filters #4  
Thank you very much for the quick reply...
Great information!
I guess I'll stick with the OEM filters as long as I can still get them.

Without starting a new thread, do you have any suggestions on how to change the filters? Just remove and replace as fast as possible without loosing as much hydro fluid as possible? I've looked for any videos on this topic but not much out there.

When I changed the filter on mine at around 350 hours, I pulled all the fluid out. As it's still the factory fluid, I did it mainly to pull out any possible chunks. I didn't find anything. Then, when I put it back in, I filtered it to make sure it was going back clean.

Some people manage swap filters using the vaccum cleaner method, where they stick it tight on the fill port, turn it on and it should contain the mess to a minimum. Not sure how well it works, specially with the vent still in equation.

To avoid an huge mess, it may be easier to just pull all the fluid out. Then you can fight the filters without being under pressure.

If this is the first time those filters are coming out, expect an huge fight. They like to put the filters on with the seal completely dry from factory. Over time, it really gets stuck hard.

Here is a video regarding the hydraulic filters. It's for a 2515 but it's still the same for your tractor. It actually uses the same filters.

/ Hydraulic filters #5  
I asked the service people at Dave's and they made it sound like it's not easy to change the filters without losing a lot of fluid. I just change the fluid and filter at the same time.

/ Hydraulic filters #6  
I'm planning on doing my fluids at the same time I do my filters.

I ordered my filters from Big Tex and had them shipped to me. Not sure what "expensive" looks like in your area, but I suspect Big Tex to be about the best price available.

Plus, it's a small way I can say "Thanks" to Asteral, for all he does for us here on TBN.

/ Hydraulic filters
Thank you again everyone...

/ Hydraulic filters #8  
Either of these should work in place of the large hydraulic filter TA00025525B. However as mentioned above, I would stick with the OEM filter if at all possible. I used the WIX filter in a pinch last year for a while and it seemed to work just fine.
  • WIX 51202
  • Baldwin BT372-10
  • Donaldson P569383

I am not aware of any aftermarket replacement for the smaller blue filter TA00043153A.

Last edited: