Hydraulic Flow Control Advice Needed

/ Hydraulic Flow Control Advice Needed #11  
Here is good link for restrictor fittings.

/ Hydraulic Flow Control Advice Needed #12  
Looks like the blade uses a pair of single acting cylinders. SO in you case it doesnt matter which line it goes on. Because one line is supply and the other is return when angling right. When angling left their roles reverse. But yes, get a bi-directional control and you can tailor it to the exact speed you want.

Just make sure you put the control on one of the lines going from the machine to that crossover valve. If you put the restrictor on one of the lines going from the crossover valve to a cylinder, it defeats the purpose of that valve.

/ Hydraulic Flow Control Advice Needed #13  
On a pair of single acting cylinders I would just get a simple needle valve aka throttle valve and just skip the kind that has free reverse flow, because all that does is give you an opportunity to put it in backwards. Normally using a simple 'restrictor' like a needle valve or fixed orifice to one side of a dual acting hydraulic cylinder will give you different speeds in each direction because of the displacement differences between the rod end and the base end, but on a pair of matching single acting cylinders both 'sides' have the same displacement and flow rate so the 'free return flow' feature is useless complication. My .02.

/ Hydraulic Flow Control Advice Needed
To put a closure on this, I found and ordered a bi-direction flow control valve from Summit Hydraulics with 1/4" FNPT openings. I sure want to thanks all the folks that gave me a heads up on bi-directional versus uni-direction flow control assemblies. It save me from making a mistake as I didn't know there were uni-flow values.

I got the new flow control installed today and it works like a dream, I now have a reasonable speed on my blade angle adjustmens.

Thank you thank you thank you for all the advise and information, you saved me from making mistakes.

1670012823649.png