Hydraulic fluid injury

/ Hydraulic fluid injury #51  
All I can say about that, is, some hydraulic fluid is motor oil. That is what we use in the Power-Trac's. It probably serves a purpose other than dumping. It does have contaminants in the fluid, but it is better than no lube.

OK I'll leave him alone:D

That fluid was real thin, and i always use thick chain oil in mine.... and i thought because it was so thin that it would sling back in his eyes.

/ Hydraulic fluid injury #52  
(staying off topic - sorry!)

another use for old hydraulic fluid or auto trans fluid the old timers would do was to bottle it up and spray the undercarriage and subframes of their vehicles and trailers with it. good lube for the rubber bushings, shocks, struts, etc. also inhibits rust until road spray washes it out.

amp

/ Hydraulic fluid injury #53  
Bursting hydraulic lines, dangerous high pressure jets of hydraulic fluid. Yet another plus for a cab on a tractor. I have had both my windshield and my back window thoroughly sprayed with hydraulic fluid but nary a drop on me (in those instances.)

Pat

/ Hydraulic fluid injury #54  
This happened a couple weeks ago to a fellow a few miles from me who had a hose blow apart and fluid entered his forearm. I'm not sure exactly what happened or what he was doing at the time. He operates a greenhouse and one of his employees put a turnicate on his arm and the hospital said this probably saved his life. I've not heard how he's doing but will post an update as I recieve any new information.

Steve

/ Hydraulic fluid injury #55  
I would consider putting that ballistic nylon woven fabric tubing around the hose at every fitting. It would help protect the fitting in general and in failure would break up the fluid jet.
larry

In the process of adding the WR Long Kit I cut and removed the ballistic nylon woven fabric that was there:eek:

So can Spyderlk or JJ tell me were to get this stuff?

Also the WR Long kit mounted below the Loader valve - and hoses galore are near my right foot / leg / hand / arm...after seeing this picture .. it would be best to find said fabric and zip tie it around the hoses!

/ Hydraulic fluid injury #56  
In the process of adding the WR Long Kit I cut and removed the ballistic nylon woven fabric that was there:eek:

Also the WR Long kit mounted below the Loader valve - and hoses galore are near my right foot / leg / hand / arm...after seeing this picture .. it would be best to find said fabric and zip tie it around the hoses!

I can help with that;
Almost any tractor dealer's parts counter.
Anywhere (local) that they do hydraulic hoses, I have found snow plow parts outlets to have a LOT of 3/8 and 1/2 inch fittings and other stuff, including BSP adapters.

/ Hydraulic fluid injury
Sometimes, you will see it on Ebay, or maybe Craigslist.

/ Hydraulic fluid injury #60  

McMaster-Carr has all sizes:McMaster-Carr
left column @ bottom.
larry