Hydraulic fluid.

/ Hydraulic fluid. #1  

MGMAN45

Bronze Member
Tractor
NewHolland Workmaster 40
I have a NH workmaster 40 hydro tractor with 130 hours on it.When I checked the fluid level I noticed it was slightly darker and not as clear as it was.Is this a problem?ShoulI change fluid this soon or am I just being paranoid?Thanks

/ Hydraulic fluid. #2  
What does your manual say?

Mine tells me to change hydraulic fluid every 100 hours.

/ Hydraulic fluid. #4  
I have a NH workmaster 40 hydro tractor with 130 hours on it.When I checked the fluid level I noticed it was slightly darker and not as clear as it was.Is this a problem?ShoulI change fluid this soon or am I just being paranoid?Thanks
Your should follow your manual. Some manuals will call for a first fluid change at 50 or 100 hours. Others don't. Most call for repeated fluid changes at every multiple of 400 hours.

/ Hydraulic fluid. #5  
What do you have that states it needs a fluid change every 100 hours? That's just....dumb?
Not really when your hydraulic system and transmission are using the same fluid, it is pretty common.

/ Hydraulic fluid. #6  
   / Hydraulic fluid. #7  
Not really when your hydraulic system and transmission are using the same fluid, it is pretty common.
Pretty sure mine says at 150, 400, then every 400 after that. And it is a hst tractor. And I know the parents Deere 3046 isn't every 100 hours either.

100 hours is like 5-6 months time for me. No way I'm going to do 2-3 hydraulic oil changes a year. $300 a pop in fluid before adding in filters.

Engine oil every 100 hours...ok that's semi acceptable. At least that's cheap and quick. Plus can always use the used oil for fire starter. 15 gallons off old used hydraulic oil is useless.

/ Hydraulic fluid. #8  
Pretty sure mine says at 150, 400, then every 400 after that. And it is a hst tractor. And I know the parents Deere 3046 isn't every 100 hours either.

100 hours is like 5-6 months time for me. No way I'm going to do 2-3 hydraulic oil changes a year. $300 a pop in fluid before adding in filters.

Engine oil every 100 hours...ok that's semi acceptable. At least that's cheap and quick. Plus can always use the used oil for fire starter. 15 gallons off old used hydraulic oil is useless.

Not sure what kind of hydraulic fluid you are buying but that is way overpriced. And I guess you dont know about thinning hydraulic fluid?

/ Hydraulic fluid. #9  
Not sure what kind of hydraulic fluid you are buying but that is way overpriced. And I guess you dont know about thinning hydraulic fluid?
What does your manual say about changing the hydraulic fluid? I really doubt it says 100 hours between each change.

Even the engine oil is like 250 hour interval across most brands.