Hydraulic Help Needed

/ Hydraulic Help Needed #1  

Tractors4u

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4310, Kubota L355, John Deere SST18 Spin Steer, 2006 Polaris Ranger
I am planning on putting a log splitter valve(2 way valve) with quick disconnects on my tractor and will use the valve to operate any future equipment that I may build or buy for the tractor. I have just started on a small hydraulic dump trailer that will be controlled by the valve. The cylinder I was planning on using only has one fitting(1 way cylinder). It is a big beefy cylinder that I thought would be great for a lift cylinder and since gravity would lower the dump bed back down there was no need for the cylinder to be a 2 way. If there is no practical way to make this work that is OK because I have other cylinders, not as big but they will work. What do you guys think?

/ Hydraulic Help Needed #2  
It 'should' work out. What tractor do you have? Some you can just hook up the cylinder, some prefer slightly different valve settings to let the oil flow back on gravity. And a few can be stubborn about it. Might want to go through the manual or talk to the dealer to make sure everything plumbs up right. But you have a better than 50-50 chance of the one-way working. How is your port supplied, through a power-beyond, regular circut, or?

--->Paul

/ Hydraulic Help Needed
I have a Yanmar YM1500D with a Koyker loader. I was planning on putting the valve in series but after some of the discussion about what could happen if a quick disconnect were to come loose. I will connect the log splitter valve inlet to the power beyond port and then I will need a fitting from the valve out to the tractor.

/ Hydraulic Help Needed #4  
Brent if a fork lift valve is too big with a 2 way and single acting i have a single acting valve i took off an old loader your welcomed to it. its about 1.5 inches thick and 5 inches long. I fixed a dump truck the otherday that had a 2 way valve on the truck and single acting cylinder on the bed. It had the port for the down pressure line run back into the return line and it let the fluid on piston run back down the line or in the return also. A closed center system like on a JD will let a single acting cylinder run on it because my freind William has a lift on the back of his tractor. Take care Taylor Lambert