Hydraulic Help

/ Hydraulic Help #21  
Recently my son was working on a small dozer. He removed and replaced a hydraulic motor. The dozer track wouldn't move. The problem was that when he pushed the coupling over a shaft the leading edge of the woodruff key in the shaft caught on the coupling and so the key was pushed out of the shaft keyway. Does your setup use a woodruff key?
Eric

/ Hydraulic Help
No standard keys, but Thanks for the input.

/ Hydraulic Help #23  
As viewed facing front of tractor drive coupling is turning clockwise and bottom gear is driven gear the pump inlet would be on your right. Is this how it is plumbed?

If top gear is driven gear pump inlet would be on your left.

/ Hydraulic Help
Update: problem resolved, My mistake, stupid as it is, I own it, restriction in reservoir so not adequate flow to pump, I purchased the reservoir a long time before all the other hydraulic components, I took it out of the box to look it over, before putting back in the box I put blue shop wipes in all the openings, 9 months later started the project, I looked in the reservoir thru the outlet bung hole, did not see anything inside, guess what there was a shop towel in there, did not think flow was my issue at first since I blew hydraulic fluid all over side of tractor when I plugged line from pump with my thumb, towards the end of all of this the rag totally plugged the 90 degree elbow coming out of tank, your guys replies led me back to this , so I Thank You Very Much, some times it is hard to see the forest thru the trees, I am just glad it is working, Winter is knocking at the door, You guys all pick a place in the middle and I would buy a beverage of your choice. Thanks and Have a Very Happy Holiday!!!

/ Hydraulic Help #25  
Update: problem resolved, My mistake, stupid as it is, I own it, restriction in reservoir so not adequate flow to pump, I purchased the reservoir a long time before all the other hydraulic components, I took it out of the box to look it over, before putting back in the box I put blue shop wipes in all the openings, 9 months later started the project, I looked in the reservoir thru the outlet bung hole, did not see anything inside, guess what there was a shop towel in there, did not think flow was my issue at first since I blew hydraulic fluid all over side of tractor when I plugged line from pump with my thumb, towards the end of all of this the rag totally plugged the 90 degree elbow coming out of tank, your guys replies led me back to this , so I Thank You Very Much, some times it is hard to see the forest thru the trees, I am just glad it is working, Winter is knocking at the door, You guys all pick a place in the middle and I would buy a beverage of your choice. Thanks and Have a Very Happy Holiday!!!
Great news. At least it was an easy and cheap fix. 😃

/ Hydraulic Help #26  
Love a good resolution. Glad you found it.

Reminds me of about a year ago I was replacing a powersteering pump on a 05 ford powerstroke. New one from Napa had a plastic plug in the little suction tube to keep dirt out (and assembly lube in). And a threaded plastic plug in the pressure port. That one was obvious because it had to be removed to thread in the pressure hose/fitting. But the suction tube....the hose just slips right over it even with the plastic plug still in place. Usually these plugs are a bright color and stand out....like red or yellow. But this one was painted over black like the rest of the pump. Took a minute to figure out why the new pump wasnt working....lol.

/ Hydraulic Help #28  
Good show Scott, told u it'd be something simple :), least ways you didn't suck the rag into the pump...............Mike

/ Hydraulic Help #29  
in aviation we use bright colored caps that extend beyond the hole (we call them baseball caps) so they are easier to see.

Glad to hear it was something simple and easy to fix and that it probably didn't do much damage.

/ Hydraulic Help #30  
Where are the three return lines from the functions?
That is the first question I have as they should be attached
to one of the three spool valves in the correct position for return flow.