Hydraulic hook ups to Titan Attachments Grapple

/ Hydraulic hook ups to Titan Attachments Grapple #1  

Otto Syracuse

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4410
I ordered a Titan Attachments Grapple (after calling their Customer Service to verify which model grapple would fit my JD4410 tractor with 430 loader). After I unpacked the shipping crate I looked at the hydraulic quick connects. Not even close to the same size!
I called them and they told me to go to a hydraulic shop and buy new hoses! That would run $200!!! Actually a very poor response from them, but they did say I could return it at no costs.
Before I escalate with Titan CS or return it, does the brain trust of TBN have any suggestions?

Grapple:
20180611_191457.jpeg

Tractor:
20180611_191339.jpeg

/ Hydraulic hook ups to Titan Attachments Grapple #2  
You should not have to get new hoses...just the right type QD's...

What else do you use the front QD's for?...it might be just as easy or maybe less expensive to change the QD's on the tractor rather than the hoses...

/ Hydraulic hook ups to Titan Attachments Grapple #3  
A similar thing happened when my 4in1 bucket was delivered, a fortnight after the 4105 had. The dealership had plumbed/installed the 3rd function but, not having the bucket to match, put 'standard' (female) couplers on the FEL.

The 4in1's male ends where too large for the female... the dealership simply delivered the correct sized males and I replaced them myself with no loss of fluid. No replacement hoses were involved. I was extremely careful to seat them and avoid cross-threading. No leaks in the 5 years I've had them.

/ Hydraulic hook ups to Titan Attachments Grapple #4  
I would buy new male tips and be done.

/ Hydraulic hook ups to Titan Attachments Grapple
I use the front end hydraulics for my snowplow too. I guess I would have to change those out too?

/ Hydraulic hook ups to Titan Attachments Grapple #6  
Only change the tips on the grapple to match your tractor

/ Hydraulic hook ups to Titan Attachments Grapple #7  
Might be my eyes but they look correct. It appears that you have measured the outside of the male end and the outside of the female end.

/ Hydraulic hook ups to Titan Attachments Grapple
Grapple male
20180611_191457.jpeg

Tractor female
20180611_191339.jpeg

/ Hydraulic hook ups to Titan Attachments Grapple #9  
The grapple male goes in between the red arrows. will it even start to go in?

screenshot-www.tractorbynet.com-2018.06.14-11-38-34.jpg

/ Hydraulic hook ups to Titan Attachments Grapple #10  
It looks like you have a 3/8" ISO-B coupling but you need to confirm the distance from the face of the coupling to the edge of the ridge as shown in the pic of the different styles I attached. I bought mine on eBay. They're also known as ISO-7241 couplings. If you have 3/8" couplings then they are most likely the ISO-7241 as 3/8" AG style couplings are not very common. Ag style couplings are ISO-5675 or ISO-A in the picture. (note the measurements in the chart are metric but it looks like you're at just over 3/4" which is closest to the 19.05mm measurement).

I bought two sets which is what this link is for since I needed them for my plow and a future grapple purchase. I'm sure you can find a single set to order if that's all you need.
2-pk 3/8" ISO-B Hydraulic Hose Quick Disconnect Coupler | eBay

Coupling Types.jpg