Hydraulic hookups

/ Hydraulic hookups #1  

Trent Nelson

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 180
Hi folks,
I have a front end loader on my Massey Ferguson 180. It also has a pair of rear remotes. The hydraulic hoses have been disconnected for a long time. I can't remember which ports to hook it too. The hydraulic ports seem to present themselves in pairs on the lift arm cover. Are these pairs a send and return or are they paired as sends and then returns?

Thanks!!

/ Hydraulic hookups #2  
Paired as send/return. Move lever on way and one is send other return; send/return. Move lever opposite way, and they are reversed; return/send

/ Hydraulic hookups #4  
Paired as send/return. Move lever on way and one is send other return; send/return. Move lever opposite way, and they are reversed; return/send
Will this same approach work on a JD 1070?

/ Hydraulic hookups #6  
Once you get them connected the correct way you may want to mark them to be sure in future if you disconnect and reconnect you don't have this conundrum...

/ Hydraulic hookups #7  
We really need a little more detail. Do you have a separate loader valve that you are running off the rear remotes or are you running the loader off the rear remotes?

If you are running a second valve off the rear remotes, you have to be very careful to get the direction (P and T) right because if you send pump oil into the tank galley of the second valve you could cause failure of the seals or the valve itself.

If you are running the loader off the remotes without a second valve, it is less critical because the worst that could happen is the loader functions will run backwards.