Hydraulic Leak from HST Case CK30 / CT230

/ Hydraulic Leak from HST Case CK30 / CT230
2 Clutch Housing and Yoke.JPG2 Clutch.JPG

To split the tractor, aside from all the wiring, hydraulic lines, and obvious mechanical assemblies, the propeller shaft must also be disconnected. There is a housing that slides off after removing a single bolt at each end. Removal of a spring pin allows the coupler to slide off the shaft. Just a 8 bolts between the engine case and clutch housing.

3 HST Case with bent spring and Clip.jpg4 HST Case (2).JPG4 HST Case.JPG

Removing the HST case (also pictures of bent spring and lost circlip).

5 Mid Case.JPG5 HST still mounted.jpg5 HST Model Code.jpg5 hst and propeller shaft.jpg

Model of HST is a JEIL HPVMF-23-L-03 Series 200. It appears to be out of production (or at least does not appear in the current JEIL PMC catalog).

The code appears to equate to "Hydraulic Pump Variable Motor Fixed 23 cc per revolution Left hand rotation Series 200

JEIL PMC Mission

Other shots are of the mid case where the HST mounts, the HST with its case removed and the propeller shaft.

7 precharge pump2 wear.JPG7 Precharge pump 1.JPG6 HST Motor plugs.jpg

Into the garage with the HST unit. Picture 3 is of the "plugs" where the oil was noted dripping from several posts back. Pulled and inspected them. The o-rings seem fine.

Next I removed the top plate to the precharge pump (seen in the zip lock bag). The gyrotor was really hard to remove with the oil still present. I ended up pulling just the center section then it was much easier. There does appear to be some very minor wear on the swash plate underneath shown in the first picture. The tractor has 540 hours on it and is a 2009.

9 transmission VD.JPG9 HST dissassembled 1.JPG9 Failed gasket 2.jpg8 HST disassembly 1.JPG

The four pictures attached are of the HST case, 1 before splitting and the other three showing the interior components. The arrow shows the ruptured / failed seal.

Not sure what the gasket material is? Seems very paper like. Question is what caused it to fail? Seems like the logical next step is to pull apart the RV on the HST and inspect it.

Since I have it apart, I may consider rebuilding the entire unit if parts can be sourced. In the interim I'll look to get all new seals and o-rings at a minimum. The o-rings seem very stiff (high durometer) in general. Not sure what material they are either.

10 State of Affairs apart.jpg

OK so this is the current state of the tractor. I'll certainly need to source parts to remedy the issue. Question is should I go further to seek the out the possible source of the gasket material found earlier in the primary hydraulic oil filter. Also trying to decide the best means of cleaning the oil off parts and where to get parts. Michigan Iron seems to have a decent website though the parts diagrams are a bit of a chore to muddle through. Some of the parts are clearly different with the Bobcat (and years / model for Kioti). I'll need to call and confirm if the online parts tool is for even the same model HST as in this machine.

More to come in the future. Advice is welcome.

/ Hydraulic Leak from HST Case CK30 / CT230 #17  
Not sure what the gasket material is? Seems very paper like. Question is what caused it to fail?

It looks like it was sucked inward, or pushed there during assembly. You may be able to replace it with a more reliable sealant instead of a gasket. If that does not cause any clearance issues. I use sealants where I can.

There may not be much you can buy to rebuild your HST. Pump and motor may be sold as assemblies, but more likely, you would have to buy the whole HST for thousands of $. Those O-rings may be replaceable, and shaft seals, too. You can buy those by size from aftermarket suppliers.

Thanks for posting. Sorry you have to work outside.

/ Hydraulic Leak from HST Case CK30 / CT230 #18  
You may want to look at the insides of your charge pump to see if it is scratched. That would be a sign of dirty oil.

You may want to look at the insides of your charge pump to see if it is scratched. That would be a sign of dirty oil.

Thanks Dave

Might as well pull apart the pump as its relatively simple now that its out. So far it looks pretty clean on the inside.

For gasket material what did you have in mind? The color of the existing gasket reminds me of Thermoseal (synthetic nitrile sheet).

I'm weeks if not a month or more out before reassembly if we are talking new parts.

/ Hydraulic Leak from HST Case CK30 / CT230 #20  
For gasket material what did you have in mind? The color of the existing gasket reminds me of Thermoseal (synthetic nitrile sheet).

A hi-quality silicone works well, but you have to make sure that replacing your OEM fibre gasket does not cause any clearance issues if replaced with a thinner gasket. It was not an issue for the other HSTs I have rebuilt.

I will PM you about a possible visit, if you are willing to show me your HST. I have not been inside any of these DaeDong units.