Hydraulic Lift Cylinder Replace

/ Hydraulic Lift Cylinder Replace #1  

Barryh

Veteran Member
Harpers Ferry WV - Mountains of Shannondale
Tractor
Former owner of a P T -180 / Kubota BX-1500 .. A Craftsman Yard Tractor / John Deere 140 H-1 / Cub Cadet 108. And now ( Little Red ) a Power Trac 1425
Thought it was my bucket tilt cylinder that had blown a seal..

Turns out it was the left side cylinder that was the culprit .. So ordered one from Power Trac not too bad $285.00.. I have to much cleanup work to do around the house didn't want to wait on rebuilding it.

Now I have an extra one to rebuild at my leisure... I do need to make a front guard as suggested by someone on here.

Old one off new one on good to have it done onward .. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_9038.JPG
    IMG_9038.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_9045.JPG
    IMG_9045.JPG
    302.2 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_9047.JPG
    IMG_9047.JPG
    227.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_9052.JPG
    IMG_9052.JPG
    287.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_9054.JPG
    IMG_9054.JPG
    286.8 KB · Views: 164
   / Hydraulic Lift Cylinder Replace #2  
nice work......you make it look so easy......somehow I suspect that there was a least a little cursing involved.......:thumbsup:........Jack

/ Hydraulic Lift Cylinder Replace #3  
I had to do a double take on that last picture.... the handles on your snowblower looked like a scale model of your PT at first! :laughing:

/ Hydraulic Lift Cylinder Replace
nice work......you make it look so easy......somehow I suspect that there was a least a little cursing involved.......:thumbsup:........Jack

Thanks .. No cursing but a wiser man would have replaced the aged hoses at the same time... The cursing begins when I have to go back and replace a ruptured hose ... :yell:

I had to do a double take on that last picture.... the handles on your snowblower looked like a scale model of your PT at first! :laughing:

I see what you mean unfortunately ... My PT is too old to reproduce at this point ... :laughing:

/ Hydraulic Lift Cylinder Replace #6  
The cylinders come off pretty easily. That is very reasonable for what is basically a custom cylinder.

The cylinders come off pretty easily. That is very reasonable for what is basically a custom cylinder.

I thought it was reasonable too. If I ever need to replace another one. I'll buy a rebuild kit for the spare cylinder. I also bought some of this conditioner the other day. Plan to clean off and brush it onto another cylinder .. I noticed it has a very light ring of fluid at the seal after lifting very heavy objects. It's suppose to soften and recondition the rubber seal after one use. I'll report back if it works as advertised.

STOP OIL LEAKS - GUARANTEED - LOADER BACKHOE DOZER EXCAVATOR TRACTOR HYDRAULICS | eBay