Hydraulic line banjo fitting

/ Hydraulic line banjo fitting #1  

Pilot

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 770, Yanmar 180D, JD 420 (not running), had a Kubota B6200
Sprung a leak on my 180D where the hydraulic line attaches to what's called a banjo fitting at the end of the high pressure line. The banjo fitting is like a thick ring, hollow so fluid can flow thru it and down thru a hollow bolt that goes thru the ring and holds the fitting to the cylinder head on the 3 pt. hitch, under the seat. The hydraulic line goes into a sleeve that is part of the fitting. I don't think either the sleeve or the line is cracked, it looks like the fluid just comes out between the two pieces of metal.

Anyone know how the hydraulic line is held in the sleeve? Soldered? Or how to fix it? Braze it?

Thanks.

Pilot

/ Hydraulic line banjo fitting #2  
Well, if it's what I think it is than you should have two copper washers on the top and bottom where your bolt goes through.

The banjo fitting is brazed/welded from the factory. Don't recall seeing a line leak except at the copper washers. I have welded adapters for a FEL, used a very small rubber freeze plug and an airline...sprayed the welds with soapy water to look for leaks. You might consider the same thing to determine where your leak is exactly, and braze that spot.

If the line is rusting badly from condensation, I would look for a replacement or salvaged line.

Hope this helps.

Mark

/ Hydraulic line banjo fitting
Thanks for the input.

Replaced the copper washers first thing & when it still leaked, I looked more closely. Definately leaking between the two lines. No rust; tractor was repainted last year.

If we can't fix it, a new line is $91.73 from Yanmar. Ouch!

/ Hydraulic line banjo fitting #4  
Hi Pilot
I have a 186-D here with lots of parts on it. Im in Oregon too
give me a call or stop by /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Ernie 503-829-9170