hydraulic loader valve question

/ hydraulic loader valve question #1  

kidney

Tractor
2004 Kama TS354C
Hi all, I think I will be replacing my loader valve soon and I want to be sure I understand how it works. My hydraulic system runs from the tank to the pump to to loader valve to the 3pt hitch back to the tank. If I replace the 2 spool loader vavle I will need a power beyond sleeve right? Will an open center work? Thanks. Kidney

/ hydraulic loader valve question #2  
It would help if you filled in your profile so we could see what make of tractor you have.

However, even without that information I can answer your two questions based on the fact that 99.99% of all CUTs and SUB-CUTS are the same, hydraulic wise.

1. Yes you will need a valve with power beyond. The sleeve will be required depending on valve design. Most loader specific valves have been designed with power beyond capabilities permanently built in. If the one you are looking at was designed for applications with or without power beyond then the sleeve is necessary.

2. The valve MUST be open center since your hydraulic always pumps when the engine is running.

/ hydraulic loader valve question #3  
What is the reason that you are wanting to replace the valve?

/ hydraulic loader valve question
I do not have a float position on my valve and I have used one with a float position and want to upgrade it. I have a 2 lever with no float and think I will go to a joystick with float.

I was thinking of a Prince 2 spool joystick valve with float from the surpluscenter (.com) Item # 9-4782 in catalog 279-2006 edtion page 5.

/ hydraulic loader valve question #6  
That valve will work. I am pretty sure the loader (it's a Koyker right?) on your KAMA uses a power beyond valve. If it has 7 hoses connected to it then it has power beyond (4 to loader cylinders and 3 back to tractor).

/ hydraulic loader valve question #7  
Those are pretty good reasons. Once in while we get someone that wants to change one because it is leaking. When all it needs is o-rings. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

My loader is a chinese TZC04 loader. It has 6 hoses, 4 to the bucket and 1 from the pump and 1 to the 3pt hitch. It works well but I know the float is a great feature. Thanks for posting. Kidney