Hydraulic Male Fitting Spec.

/ Hydraulic Male Fitting Spec. #1  

Woodsman30350

Bronze Member
Tractor
Montana 3040
I have a 3040 with dual sets of female remotes. I plan to attach a hydraulic top link from CCM and have a few questions:
1. Do the hoses connect to the remotes in a verticle or horizontal configuration.
2. What size male tip do I use. Montana says 8010 with poppet or the equivalent of a pioneer 4 but CCM says the pioneer 4 in not a poppet. What is the correct size to spec. to CCM for a hose kit.

Some of this is greek to me so I would appreciate the help.

/ Hydraulic Male Fitting Spec. #2  
Woodsman30350 said:
I have a 3040 with dual sets of female remotes. I plan to attach a hydraulic top link from CCM and have a few questions:
1. Do the hoses connect to the remotes in a verticle or horizontal configuration.
2. What size male tip do I use. Montana says 8010 with poppet or the equivalent of a pioneer 4 but CCM says the pioneer 4 in not a poppet. What is the correct size to spec. to CCM for a hose kit.

There is a Pioneer male that is the standard AG style but has the poppet. Think it is an 8010-4P. I think the other half is a 4050-4P in case I have it backwards?????????

I do not recall on the configuration of the remotes but it is in your manual. I don't have a 3040 or 3840 in stock, so I don't have a book to look in for you.

Ken

/ Hydraulic Male Fitting Spec.
Thank you very much Ken.

/ Hydraulic Male Fitting Spec. #4  
Woodsman30350 said:

I have top link hooked to one remote and one hose goes on top and the other on bottom

/ Hydraulic Male Fitting Spec. #5  
I have things hooked to my 4940c and I agree with dallaslilly on top and bottom. Do not hold me to this and it is cold and snowing outside so I am not going to look but I believe if you look under the seat there is two knobs that control the speed of the hydraulics and whether the remotes work as a single action cylinder or a dual action I believe there is a picture there that shows the remotes. and which is which again I am not sure of that.

/ Hydraulic Male Fitting Spec. #6  
On my 3040, facing remotes from rear of tractor, outboard vertical pair (rightmost) is active with inboard (toward centline of tractor) lever under the seat. Right hand knob (facing knobs) under the seat is turned clockwise to use double acting cylinder (push and pull) on my grapple. My rear quick connector sizes are 1/2". I am using male part #AG4F4 from Discount Hydraulic Hose.com.

Thanks, I am beginning to understand but I am must be somewhat slow. Exactly what is the difference between single and double action. In other words, can one set of remotes operate one apparatus and the other a second apparatus? Or, are they slaved together?

/ Hydraulic Male Fitting Spec. #8  
Woodsman30350 said:
Thanks, I am beginning to understand but I am must be somewhat slow. Exactly what is the difference between single and double action. In other words, can one set of remotes operate one apparatus and the other a second apparatus? Or, are they slaved together?

Single acting is for an application that only uses one hose, like a dump cart that is gravity return. That remote can feed pressure through the same port that returns the pressure. Double acting would be for something like a log splitter that uses two hoses, one for the hydraulic supply, and the other for the return.

Only the one set of remotes can be used for both single and double acting on you tractor and the function is set with the knob under the seat. The other set of remotes is for double acting only.

Hope that helps,

Ken

Thanks Ken.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

40' Conex Container (A33544)
40' Conex...
John Deere 610 Chisel Plow (A33041)
John Deere 610...
(2) Pcs. 7"x16"x42' Long I Beams (A33349)
(2) Pcs...
Kohler 3000 Series Pressure Washer (A33719)
Kohler 3000 Series...
2016 John Deere 6155M (A33526)
2016 John Deere...
Landoll 7431-29 VT Plus 29' Turbo Disc (A33113)
Landoll 7431-29 VT...