Hydraulic oil leak??

/ Hydraulic oil leak?? #1  

vtkubota

Tractor
B7500 Hst
Well with all the snow we got yesterday and last night, I went to use my B7500, which I used the past afternoon with no troubles, and after letting it run for 5-8 minutes I came across hydraulic oil on the garage floor. I looked under the tractor and saw a signifigant amount of oil running off the filter. I checked the filter and it was tight;I checked the line and nothing was split or cut. I found the dipstick by my foot pedal had hydraulic oil flowing out of it. All I can figure is that the hydraulics had not warmed up enough yet in the cylinders on the bucket and when I started to use the bucket the pressure caused it to push the dip stick and overflow the oil. Sound reasonable??

/ Hydraulic oil leak?? #2  
Hmm... That would mean that your hyd oil level is over the level of the dipstick...

Any other tractor fluids low?

Are you using a winter filter and winter fluids if available? ( some NH's have a problem with filters blowing out in the cold.. etc.. )

Soundguy

/ Hydraulic oil leak?? #3  
As cold as it's been up north this winter I would have to agree with Soundguy. Try using thiner winter spec. oils and winter filters.

/ Hydraulic oil leak?? #4  
I'll bet money that you were under -15F and you warmed the tractor up with the clutch not dogged down.

Read the thread in this area on HST and winter use.

jb