Posthole Digger Hydraulic Post Hole Digger Mounted on FEL

/ Hydraulic Post Hole Digger Mounted on FEL #1  

DocHeb

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40D Supersteer
Does anybody have any experience with a hydraulic post hole digger similiar to the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.danuser.com/products/hydraulic_diggers/8300.htm>Danuser Model 8300</A>? The advantages of using the FEL for downpressure, and the ability to reverse the auger would probably be handy considering my heavy clay soil. The problem I worry about is that the TC40D hydraulic output (9.8 GPM) may not provide enough power for these units. Any thoughts?

/ Hydraulic Post Hole Digger Mounted on FEL #2  
Based upon the specifications for the 8300-1 at 5 - 10 gpm, you should be fine.

The only concern I would have is how it's mounted to the bucket, either the side or the bottom mount. Based upon my experience with a 3ph post hole digger, hitting rocks, roots, etc, can really rock the tractor and some or all of this would be transmitted to the mounting points on the FEL bucket.

Danuser makes good gear, so I imagine they've figure this out.

/ Hydraulic Post Hole Digger Mounted on FEL #3  
I have the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.loweman.com/a-kseries.html>Lowe 225</A> for my tractor, a JCB165HF. I went with the 15 to 30 gpm motor for the umph even though my standard auxillary hydraulic port only delivers 14.8 gpm. The HF delivers twice that!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I twist a two foot auger and dig holes eight feet deep with it.

/ Hydraulic Post Hole Digger Mounted on FEL #4  
i like my hydraulic 9 " power trac post hole digger very much. we have an older danhuser model behind our kubota (inclusive a downpressure kit). with the smaller machine i can get into every corner (almost) that is important when you use the equipment to make a living. have never got stuck in our clay/shell combination of soil.

what i like most is not to have my body straighten out by a blacksmith each night, because i was looking backward all day.

good luck

/ Hydraulic Post Hole Digger Mounted on FEL #5  
Hey Doc,

What do one of the 8300's cost? I really need a better way to dig in clay myself. My befco 3pt (without downpressure) just dosen't work that great in draught hardened clay. A rental company I spoke to recently said a hydraulic auger on a skid steer is the best way to dig. Well, I have a TC35D already.

Peter

/ Hydraulic Post Hole Digger Mounted on FEL #6  
I liked the thought of having it on the bucket so you could work forward, but how hard and much time does it take to put on and take off when you need to do loader work? Also, how do you get through a heavy duty bucket to mount it in the first place?

/ Hydraulic Post Hole Digger Mounted on FEL #7  
<font color=blue>Also, how do you get through a heavy duty bucket to mount it in the first place?
</font color=blue>
It's not too bad drilling the bucket for installing a toothbar that needs two, 3/4 inch holes. So, drilling 4 holes to mount the hydraulic digger shouldn't be too bad. A sharp bit, some cutting oil and patience. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

It looks like you might be able to leave the mounting bracket on the bucket if you mount it on the side. If you mount the digger on the bottom of the bucket, you'd have to take it off each time. Plus you'll need a set of remote hyd connections up front.

/ Hydraulic Post Hole Digger Mounted on FEL #8  
I demo'ed a JD HPHD it has the quick tach plate on it.
(JD HPHD are made by Lowe)
One fine digging unit!
18" auger in wet ROCKY clay.
I think the 35D has the SSL quick tach
just switch them.
Dealer priced unit around $2000.00 w/
my choice of auger

/ Hydraulic Post Hole Digger Mounted on FEL
I'll have the New Holland QuickTach for my FEL, so I'll be able to use skidsteer attachments. I will need to run hydraulic lines from my rear remotes. I haven't researched prices for the Danuser 8300 yet. I did find another model, the <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wattsales.com/postholedigger.htm>Prairie Phoenix</A>, that runs $770 for the hydraulic head. I wouldn't attach it to my bucket, but would find a way to run it off a plate attached to the QuickTach.

/ Hydraulic Post Hole Digger Mounted on FEL #10  
I've been told to stay away from chain drive hydraulic post hold diggers.

That one looks like a chain drive to me./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif