Hydraulic power for FEL mounted snowblower

/ Hydraulic power for FEL mounted snowblower #11  
Oldnslo,

I agree, the website is lacking. I have seen a number of adds for PTO hydraulic pumps with no obvious fluid sump. I saw a video of this blower suggesting that one just connects the pump to the power beyond (I think), plug in the blower hydraulic connectors, pull on the PTO and the blower starts. I am not just accepting this hook, line and sinker which is why I am posting here. But I am curious if this is even feasible and especially if anyone has actually used this type of setup.

A FEL mounted snowblower sounds ideal for blowing out deep snowdrifts, but I really want to know what I am getting into well before I commit.
Si,
What you are describing certainly sounds like a semi-closed loop system.
I suspect that power beyond is connected to PTO pump inlet with a tee. The tee would also be connected to the tractor reservoir. I also suspect the return flow from the blower motor would be connected to this line hence semi- closed loop. Without this connection every time you operate the FEL you would starve the PTO pump.

with this setup you potentially could not use the PH since power beyond flow typically feeds the 3PH and you could not pressurize the PTO pump inlet.

still an interesting concept and would be nice to have a little more information on the system

/ Hydraulic power for FEL mounted snowblower #12  
Seems to be lots of this going around on TBN right now... Mikester linked to one thread up above. I am converting a rotary broom (my thread is in Build it Yourself) for use on the FEL too (similar type application). If you are in Minnesota, then you should look up Erskine attachments in Northern MN as they make lots of systems like you are looking for. I've seen them at the MN State Fair in years past but who knows what this year is going to be like and I haven't even gone to the fair for several years now.

/ Hydraulic power for FEL mounted snowblower #13  
I had this same problem with my Kubota L6060HSTC . I found getting enough hydraulic capacity forward to run a blower was too expensive. Instead of putting the blower on the front and the snow blade on the rear, I did the reverse.

I found it was easier and quicker do most of my snow removal with a FEL mounted plow. I can pile snow 12' high if necessary. I use the rear mounted blower for tight spaces where there is no place to push the snow. Yes, it's a PIA to turn around and work the rear blower in reverse but I don't need to do it often.

The plow is just another QA FEL attachment which can easily be swapped for a bucket or grapple. You lose some of this flexibility with a front mounted blower.

Every situation is different though and this scheme may not work for you.

/ Hydraulic power for FEL mounted snowblower #14  
Using something like a Landpride rear hydraulic pump and reservoir is an expensive option and consumes lots of pto power which many smaller tractor do not have.

52 pto HP from memory to provide 30 gpm @3,000 psi

landpride power pack.jpg

Dave M7040

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic power for FEL mounted snowblower #15  
Using something like a Landpride rear hydraulic pump and reservoir is an expensive option and consumes lost of pto power which many smaller tractor do not have.

52 pto HP from memory to provide 30 gpm @3,000 psi

View attachment 710836

Dave M7040

These systems are indeed expensive but they work well. The problem is, you lose the ability to mount a rear blade.