Hydraulic pressure tester?

/ Hydraulic pressure tester? #1  

jwhite

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH TC33D
I want to test the hydraulic pressure at various quick disconnect points. It there an inexpensive tester made for this or do I just make my own from a quick disconnect pair, tee and gage?

Jay

/ Hydraulic pressure tester? #2  
There are many different types of hydraulic connectors out there. Once I finally found a gauge, I bought the hose and fittings to fit my tractor's connectors. It works well.

OkieG

/ Hydraulic pressure tester? #3  
Are you looking for something like this one?

Attachments

• 256315-Hydraulic pressure gauge.jpg
    256315-Hydraulic pressure gauge.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 1,056
   / Hydraulic pressure tester? #4  
<font color="blue"> ...or do I just make my own from a quick disconnect pair, tee and gage? </font>

Hi,

I'm sure you already thought of this, but if you do make your own, be sure to use fittings rated for hydraulic pressure and not something from the local hardware store that might not stand up to pressures around, or in excess of, 2,000 psi.

/ Hydraulic pressure tester?
Yes, that is exactly what I am looking for. I assume the scale is x10 and goes to 2500psi.

Did you buy or build it? If bought, where and how much?

Jay

/ Hydraulic pressure tester? #6  
I made this tool. Manometer bought used for about 2$. Connectors are 10$ both, and metal part about 12$. Measuring range is 250 bar(x14) = 3500 psi.
You can use it in two ways:
1) With connected outlet: measuring pressure in cylinder during lifting, detent actuation pressure and relief valve setting (attached)
2) without outlet connected: just for measuring relief valve setting

Hope this helps,
Z

Attachments

• 256495-Mjerenje tlaka.jpg
    256495-Mjerenje tlaka.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 443
   / Hydraulic pressure tester?
Thanks! I will build one up.
/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jay