Hydraulic problem on B1750d

/ Hydraulic problem on B1750d #1  

Hiptfarms

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800 with BH FEL, Kubota L4400 HST with FEL, Polaris Ranger, BCS 720
Not sure if I sure post this in this section or the hydraulic section but here goes....

I'm buying a B1750d - not hydraulic but it is 4x4. There is a 40" tiller on the 3 ph. When checking the tractor out I noticed that the tractor only wanted to pick up the tiller a couple inches. The FEL seems to work just fine. I was hoping this was a dirty screen but now I'm not sure. I had to go back to the friend's house where this tractor is located. We used the tractor's FEL to load a couple of rototillers and I realized that when I put the bucket down I had the 3ph raised as high as It could go, the tractor actually raised the tiller higher. Meaning
I pressed the FEL into the ground to where it should have raised the front tires and it actually raised the rear implement higher. I assume that means something to you knowledgable folks here on the forum but I dont know enough about hydraulics to understand just what that is. Is this a deal breaker or a simple issue in y'alls estimation? (More background info, the engine was rebuilt at a Kubota dealer and all hoses were replaced. Maybe one was hooked up wrong?)

Last edited:
   / Hydraulic problem on B1750d #2  
Looks like they T'eed the pressure lines. Which is no big deal and it's easy to fix.

Would be easy to diagnose with a couple of pictures of the loader valve and the lines that came out of it.

Maybe someone else can help. I'm can quite remember how the B1750 hydraulics are setup. I used to have a B7000 though.

/ Hydraulic problem on B1750d
Thanks. I will try to get some photos and post them.

It's been a while since I initially posted this thread. I have gotten back to looking into the problem now. I have changed the hydraulic fluid and cleaned the screen. Since I have not previously owned a tractor with a screen I'm not sure if the amount of gunk on the screen was a lot or about normal. Regardless, I still have the problem. Here is a picture if the hydraulic lines coming from the loader controller. Any help is appreciated. 20190823_173256.jpg20190822_130621.jpg

A couple additional pictures 20191018_131905.jpg20191018_132107.jpg

/ Hydraulic problem on B1750d #6  
Thanks for the pictures by the way. It did help a lot understanding how the loader is plumbed.

So on these older tractors, they use that valve block for two reasons:

- Divide and prioritize a certain amount of the the flow from to pump to the power steering, so you'll always have steering even when using the loader or 3 pt

- Divert the flow to the loader (when fitted) and 3 pt or just to the 3 pt (when the loader is off)

We are only looking on the second reason for this issue.

When the loader is on the tractor, you must flip the lever into a certain position (I'm not sure which is) so the flow goes from the pump, to the loader valve then back to the 3 pt.

When the loader if off the tractor, you must flip the lever the other way, so the flow goes straight to the 3 pt.

The issue you have, usually happens when that small lever is hallway to either side. But that doesn't seem to be the case.

So can only suggest you to try the 3 pt and play with that lever to either side and see if it changes anything. On one position, I think the loader won't do anything, just the 3 pt.

Thanks for the response. I did flip the lever on the block and it did seem to impact the FEL. So, I switched it back. There is also a similar lever under the seat. I have not switched it since the one time I tried it seemed kind of stiff. I have read some folks saying that they cleaned some area I'd their hydraulic systems. I'm not too familiar with hydraulics other than changing the fluids and filters but I am willing to give it a go. I'm just not sure which area to try to break apart to clean. Any suggestions? Also a picture of valve under seat is attached.20191018_124439.jpg

/ Hydraulic problem on B1750d #8  
I'm almost sure that the lever under the seat controls the lowering speed of the 3 pt.

When you flipped the lever on the block, did it affect the 3 pt in any way?

I can't think on anything else to check out though.

It didnt seem to impact the 3pt hitch; just the loader.

/ Hydraulic problem on B1750d #10  
It's been a while since I initially posted this thread. I have gotten back to looking into the problem now. I have changed the hydraulic fluid and cleaned the screen. Since I have not previously owned a tractor with a screen I'm not sure if the amount of gunk on the screen was a lot or about normal. Regardless, I still have the problem. Here is a picture if the hydraulic lines coming from the loader controller. Any help is appreciated. View attachment 625114View attachment 625113

As for your screen, that's about what Mine looked like the first time I pulled it. I was a little concerned to see those filings, but it's been 400 hrs since I cleaned it off and it's been back in and no issues.