Hydraulic pump failure MT300D

/ Hydraulic pump failure MT300D #1  

MROlson86

Tractor
Mitsubishi MT300D. 1949 Ford 8N
Looking to rebuild the hydraulic system on my MT300D, is this possible or should I concentrate on a PTO add on pump? I have a two speed PTO so which level do you select?

/ Hydraulic pump failure MT300D #2  
PTO pump is quite a bit more expensive that getting the replacement hydraulic usually (for the same flow).

Depending on the pump it might also have a rebuild kit available for it.

/ Hydraulic pump failure MT300D #3  
I had a Mitsubishi D2350 and had very good luck finding a hydraulic pump on eBay by typing the model and hydraulic pump. You can probably get more information and parts from Valley Power

/ Hydraulic pump failure MT300D
This unit is 35+ years old and the manufacturer of the Hy Pump? I will try Monday at Valley Power and Leonard Schaefer too. A shame not to be able to keep this tractor working.

/ Hydraulic pump failure MT300D #5  
There are only a few manufacturers, and hydraulic pump housing configurations are pretty standardized.

The hard part is finding the correct cross refernence unless you understand what will fit your format for mounting or coupling. In the WORST case you can make an equivalent flow and power pump fit. It is fairly rare a replacement can not be found. There are still shops that rebuild them as well if you dont want to do it yourself.

/ Hydraulic pump failure MT300D #6  
Okay, I was curious, I admit. Your hydraulic pump is far more common than mine was. You have many choices.

/ Hydraulic pump failure MT300D #7  
There are only a few manufacturers, and hydraulic pump housing configurations are pretty standardized.

The hard part is finding the correct cross refernence unless you understand what will fit your format for mounting or coupling. In the WORST case you can make an equivalent flow and power pump fit. It is fairly rare a replacement can not be found. There are still shops that rebuild them as well if you dont want to do it yourself.
Another option would be to drive a similar CC pump off of the crankshaft and mounting it up front under the radiator. I have a Mitsu and did just that and it is powering my FEL full time leaving the engine pump to power the other functions.
Now over 12 yrs and no issues.

I did this mod as the engine pump was too slow for satisfactory FEL operation.

Mitsu even offered an adaptor for the crankshaft attachment that was meant for an electric clutch but serves well to couple up to a pump.

I want to thank everyone who has responded. This all started with replacing some leaking/damaged hoses, then cleaning up the controls. Now nothing works, no FEL or 3pt. I am beginning to follow up on the suggestion, thank.

/ Hydraulic pump failure MT300D #9  
Did you dead head the pump?

No, I didn’t try that. Perhaps you can tell me how? I was first replacing the water pump with one that I got from you. While at it with things disassembled I just kept fixing all of those “little“ things that I’d put off. It happened when I replaced worn and slightly leaking hydraulic hoses and when I ran the engine a few times to check the water pump things were great until I tried to lift my counter weight on the 3 point and lift the FEL to move my MT300D. What a surprise! Any help will be appreciated. It’s too cold to work on it now in my metal building, April sounds better. Thanks for responding.