Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None.

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #11  

Attachments

• IMG_1448.JPG
    IMG_1448.JPG
    257.6 KB · Views: 943
   / Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #12  
   / Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #13  
My vote: Do permanent installation.

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None.
   / Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #15  
Mounting them in a bracket not only looks neater, it gives you something to push against while trying to hold the female lock ring open while connecting or disconnecting.

I ran my hoses down the left side simply because there was more room to run hoses from my rear remote and better place to mount the couplers without interference with the tube lines.

IMG_0016.JPG

I mounted mine to a diverter block so I could use same remote to run the hydraulic cylinder on my QA.

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #16  
yeah I see you points.. I still haven't decided.. I can fab up a mount, but I am not sure what I want to do..I am willing to listen to what others have to say.
Just so you dont drill or weld to the tube you wont increase the chance of it cracking.
larry

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #17  
I started off with mine just tied to the tube but after a day or two of using it I could see that was going to beat the hoses and paint up more than I would like. Didn't take an hour or two to make up these simple brackets and I think it makes it much better.

You'll be glad you did

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 1,278
   / Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None.
DSCF0511.JPGDSCF0518.JPGDSCF0512.JPGDSCF0513.JPGDSCF0514.JPGDSCF0515.JPGDSCF0516.JPGWell here is what I did. I run the hoses, made a bracket from part of the Old Kubota Pin on bucket parts. Welded up a double thickness of metal. and welded it to the cover that covers the cross over steel lines on the torque tube.. (If course I took it off). Dressed everything down so there would not be any sharp edges and painted

You cannot use any kind of bolts, as there is no clearance underneath this cover, so welding was the way. I had the thickness of the metal all figured out so that the quick connector would be tightened up and snug up against the metal, but that did work out.. I measured wrong. now I need to see if there is some kind of NPTF jamb nut I can buy. Or let them be loose on the bracket.

Things to think about in hind sight: I could have used 3/8 hoses and quick couplers, and used 3/8 to 1/2 inch adaptors at each end. instead of using 1/2 inch hoses. My thinking at the time was if I wanted to run a hydraulic motor at the front, I would have full flow with the 1/2 inch. Maybe still a good idea and maybe not. The 1/2 inch hoses are big and heavy. But I dressed them OK. I used 1/2 inch 100R16 4000psi hose from surplus center. The quick connects and right angle adapters came from Discount Hydraulics. Here are the pix.

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #19  
View attachment 326292View attachment 326291View attachment 326293View attachment 326294View attachment 326295View attachment 326296View attachment 326297Well here is what I did. I run the hoses, made a bracket from part of the Old Kubota Pin on bucket parts. Welded up a double thickness of metal. and welded it to the cover that covers the cross over steel lines on the torque tube.. (If course I took it off). Dressed everything down so there would not be any sharp edges and painted

You cannot use any kind of bolts, as there is no clearance underneath this cover, so welding was the way. I had the thickness of the metal all figured out so that the quick connector would be tightened up and snug up against the metal, but that did work out.. I measured wrong. now I need to see if there is some kind of NPTF jamb nut I can buy. Or let them be loose on the bracket.

Things to think about in hind sight: I could have used 3/8 hoses and quick couplers, and used 3/8 to 1/2 inch adaptors at each end. instead of using 1/2 inch hoses. My thinking at the time was if I wanted to run a hydraulic motor at the front, I would have full flow with the 1/2 inch. Maybe still a good idea and maybe not. The 1/2 inch hoses are big and heavy. But I dressed them OK. I used 1/2 inch 100R16 4000psi hose from surplus center. The quick connects and right angle adapters came from Discount Hydraulics. Here are the pix.

I do not know of a NTPF jamb nut, but you might be able to make on out of a reducing bushing. Get one with the female size that you need and cut off the hex part and try it as a nut.

/ Hydraulic quick connects on loader torque tube, Bracket? or None. #20  
Good job James! How much you got into it?