hydraulic ram problem

/ hydraulic ram problem #1  

markythesparky

Tractor
estesia
I have just bought a second hand etesia mvehh and i knew the hydraulic grass emptying did not work but it was the right money, i have had a good look at it and established that there is oil going to the pump from tank , and also at the control valve port P with the pipe diconnected and engine running ,you also get oil at ports A and B with the pipe disconnected and the valve is operated with engine running,but if you diconnect the pipes from the rams (see pic)you only get s dribble of oil coming out.Am i right in suspecting the relief valve in the control valve body or the control valve its self .Not sure of the spec of the pump (see pic)so could not check the exact flow rate

Attachments

• IMG_1370.jpg
    IMG_1370.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1377.jpg
    IMG_1377.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 67
   / hydraulic ram problem #2  
Heck, I had to look up what that was! Sorry, can't help you, hopefully somebody will be along to answer your questions.

/ hydraulic ram problem #3  
BUT just getting oil at ports does not indicate working pressure.... You need pressure gauge in system to confirm working pressure, not just presence of oil...

/ hydraulic ram problem #4  
Are you saying you get oil out of ports A and B at the valve.....but then hook hoses up to those ports and get NO oil out of the hoses. Sounds like the hoses are not allowing oil to pass through them.

/ hydraulic ram problem #5  
Piston on cylinder rod needs new internals. It's just bypassing inside the cylinder. Just hook one hose up. See if fluid comes out where other hose goes on. If fluid comes out and cylinder no move, it's the piston.

/ hydraulic ram problem
Quick update
I think i may have found the problem the pump drive sits in a slotted drive on the puller and it is very worn and it appears that when the pump is under load it slips but with no load it pumps , i have ordered a new puller so will see if that works