Hydraulic remotes

/ Hydraulic remotes #1  

DK35vince

Tractor
Kioti DK 35
I just recieved and installed my second set of remotes on my DK 35.
The first set was used for a hydraulic top link,this set will be for tilt.
Now I just need a tilt cylinder and hoses.
Just curious if any other Kioti owners added top and tilt to their machine ?

/ Hydraulic remotes #2  
I added the hydraulic top link and plan on purchasing the second set of rear hydraulic remotes. I'll probably use them for cylinders added to the implements. The hydraulic top link works great with the rear blade and box blade. Were they difficult to install and how long did it take you?

/ Hydraulic remotes
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Were they difficult to install and how long did it take you? )</font>
It wasn't to difficult. Took me 2 or 3 hours to install.
You need to remove the panel with the slots for your possision control,and the panel under it.You will need to pull the rubber off the control handles to get the panel over them.
There is a wire that needs to unplugged that goes to that panel also.
I don't know if its needed but I removed the tire and fender to give me more room.
once you into the control valve you need to remove the studs for the single valve(the kit comes with longer studs to go through booth valves).Install new valve.
Then you run your hydraulic pipes to the back add the quick couplers,then reasemble tractor.
Piece of cake !!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Hydraulic remotes #4  
My remote experience went like this:

I bought my tractor in May of 2002. I ordered the tractor and the remotes at the same time. The remotes didn't come in until August or September. My dealer told me he would come get my tractor and put them on for me. I told him that I could handle it and for him not to worry about it.

I waited till I changed the hydraulic fluid for the first time to do all this.Pulled the rear wheel off (which was a bear by myself).Removed the access panel and unclipped the pto switch.Removed the bracket that is around the position and draft levers. Next I mounted the new remote lever and the linkage. Removed the two studs and the cover plate over the existing remote. Mounted the new remote block and hooked up the linkages. The new studs that were included in my box of parts were to long. I shimmed them up with 5 washers on each stud. I had a big problem with this on a tractor that was only 9 months old and had 98 hours on it. I put the lines on and then went to mount the couplings on the lines. The fittings on the lines were not the right size for the fittings.

I called my dealer with my problem and he said that he would go to Kioti'swarehouse in Wilson NC to pick up the right parts. (This is where the story takes a turn for the better). I told him that if he wanted me to I would go considering I had to be in Raleigh NC that week. He said OK and gave me directions and the name of the parts person.

I arrived about 9:30 that morning, and waited about 10 min. in the lobby. I looked at pictures of big green Kioti's on a poster (80hp and above). The lady from parts was named Elaine, she came and got me from the lobby and took me back to the warehouse. I went through the doors and fell right into heaven! The entire warehouse was parts and tractors as far as you can see. Elaine and I walked around getting my parts from bins and she gave me extra parts just in case I needed them. I told her I would send them back to her if I didn't.

Then she took me on a little tour of the warehouse. Fellows if you ever wondered as I did about getting parts for a South Korean tractor DON'T! The parts were stacked up on one another and just everywhere.Even big ticket items such as motors, rear ends, bodies, frames, and all the implements also. Then I got to see the tractors from the CK20 all the way to the DK65. I ended up leaving about 12:00. All the way home home I tried to process all the stuff that I saw and it was the best trip I've taken in years.

Now back to the remotes. With the correct parts in hand I finished this little project in about another hour and a half.
the parts went together good and everthing functions perfect.

The more I use and tinker with this tractor the more I like the it. The dealer I bought it from is just amazing, the people at the plant acted like I was somebody and this tractor just keeps on suprising me. And to think I almost bought a kubota.

/ Hydraulic remotes
I would like to see the warehouse myself.
But not under that circumstance. Luckily all my parts where there and correct.

/ Hydraulic remotes #6  
Glad to hear you got to see that warehouse. All the dealers in my area told me about it. Knowing that kind of support was available was the deciding factor that led me to buy Kioti.

/ Hydraulic remotes #7  
And there are two more warehouses, one in Texas and another in California.