Hydraulic Test Kits -- Thoughts?

/ Hydraulic Test Kits -- Thoughts? #1  
Tractor
Multiple JD, Kubota
Looking for ideas --- I see a number of technicians using the QuadriGages (low, medium, high gauges mounted on a "tree"), also sourced through HydraCheck and many "low cost" hydraulic test kits on the market.

I have an old JD flowmeter, would like a general hydraulic test kit for checking main pumps, relief valves, steering, etc (don't need adapters -- have a tool box full). Recommendations?

/ Hydraulic Test Kits -- Thoughts?
Ok -- did an upgrade ($700 total) and have pretty much everything I need in a complete hydraulics test kit:

Hedland 0-50GPM Flow Meter
Adapters
Control Valve w/PSI Gauge

Just used on a 5065E -- isolated the problem in one minute (after spending 30 minutes hooking up the adapters/test ports). The flow meter was installed horizontally and works in any direction (unlike the picture suggests). No more trips to the dealerships and down time.

Attachments

• Hedland-H800A-030-TK.jpg
    Hedland-H800A-030-TK.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 63
   / Hydraulic Test Kits -- Thoughts? #4  
BBF
isolated the problem in one minute

Helpful to know what problem you isolated when using the Hedland kit. just curious how it worked for you.

/ Hydraulic Test Kits -- Thoughts? #5  
My experience when I served as a JD dealer service manager for "13 long yrs" that the Hedland flowrater is a very good hydraulic diagnostic tool.

/ Hydraulic Test Kits -- Thoughts?
Was an overall flow problem (GPM)----- system was running at about 40% spec and the main pump was worn out.

Darn handy tools -- saves a service call / trip to the dealer.