Backhoe Hydraulic thumb kit?

/ Hydraulic thumb kit?
Don't worry about it. I'll find out soon enough.

/ Hydraulic thumb kit?
I spoke the MIE again today and they extremely professional and helpful.

/ Hydraulic thumb kit? #23  
I spoke the MIE again today and they extremely professional and helpful.
Thats great to hear.Thanks for the follow up post.My new tractor being delivered 2 years ago from the good folks of MIE..

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    933.4 KB · Views: 348
   / Hydraulic thumb kit?
IXLR8, I sent you a PM requesting some pictures of your setup. Thanks.

/ Hydraulic thumb kit? #25  
Thats great to hear.Thanks for the follow up post.My new tractor being delivered 2 years ago from the good folks of MIE..

That's funny...A Kioti tractor being delivered on a Coyote trailer and both have almost identical howling coyotes.

/ Hydraulic thumb kit?
Thanks for asking. I ordered one from MIE on 7/29. They told me to expect 3-4 weeks. Haven't heard anything yet but hopefully soon.

Apparently, their thumb's geometry is close enough to use the bh90x factory bracket but Bob is sending their weld-on bracket just in case.

I tried to confirm that the pin diameter and length was the same too but never heard back. I didn't want to irritate him so I haven't pursued it.

I asked them to put a swivel 90deg on one end of the long hoses to allow for different mounting positions of the valve body (to avoid the minor problem you had).

I've been stacking more stone and my back is certainly looking forward to trying out the thumb.

/ Hydraulic thumb kit? #28  
Thanks for asking. I ordered one from MIE on 7/29. They told me to expect 3-4 weeks. Haven't heard anything yet but hopefully soon.

Apparently, their thumb's geometry is close enough to use the bh90x factory bracket but Bob is sending their weld-on bracket just in case.

I tried to confirm that the pin diameter and length was the same too but never heard back. I didn't want to irritate him so I haven't pursued it.

I asked them to put a swivel 90deg on one end of the long hoses to allow for different mounting positions of the valve body (to avoid the minor problem you had).

I've been stacking more stone and my back is certainly looking forward to trying out the thumb.
Do you want me to measure the pin on mine?
Seems to me I was told the same 3-4 weeks for delivery and it was more like 4-5 weeks.
Your back will be singing your praises when you get the hydraulic thumb working, I won't have another TLB without one. It took me 4-5 hrs to do the full install once I had all the correct parts. I suggest a helper as some of the parts are awkward and heavy. I did it myself, except for purging the cylinder, but I wish I had asked for help for more of it.

/ Hydraulic thumb kit?
Do you want me to measure the pin on mine?
Seems to me I was told the same 3-4 weeks for delivery and it was more like 4-5 weeks.
Your back will be singing your praises when you get the hydraulic thumb working, I won't have another TLB without one. It took me 4-5 hrs to do the full install once I had all the correct parts. I suggest a helper as some of the parts are awkward and heavy. I did it myself, except for purging the cylinder, but I wish I had asked for help for more of it.

Ya, measuring the cylinder end would be great.
Hopefully it's a 1" pin and will fit in the 3-5/8" bracket width.

All MIE's homebrew stuff is gone from their website... Strange.

/ Hydraulic thumb kit?
So I was happily surprised to find the thumb kit in the driveway this evening. Unfortunately it took a beating in transit.

I need some help from y'all:

Other than paint dings (not a big deal) the only shipping damage that MAY be of significance is to the hydraulic cylinder (see pictures). It looks like a foil seal or something was torn. I'm not sure what it is or it's significance. Please advise.

3. One pivot bushing on the thumb has two grease zerks and the other has none (see picture). Is this the way it's supposed to be?

1472763819855.jpg

1472763831727.jpg

1472763843634.jpg

1472763853044.jpg

1472763861865.jpg