Hydraulic Valve Hookup Questions

/ Hydraulic Valve Hookup Questions #1  

BAP

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2920 Loader, BH65, 60"MMM, B2782B snowblower, Forks , Woods 48" bush hog
IMG_0411.jpgI bought a add on hydraulic valve and remote bundle kit from the local John Deere dealer when it went out of business last year. I have the whole kit but no instructions for it, it says to go to my.pathways.deere.com for instructions, which I can't get on to because it requires you to have authorized access. I am looking to put this on my Kubota B2920 to have rear outlets. What I can't figure out on the valve is where the feed line and return lines hook up. If you look at the pictures There is 1 port on the side of the valve body. On the front there is 6 ports, a single one on each side and 2 sets of 2 in the middle. The middle ones are marked A and B, which I assume are the ports for the lines to the remotes. Do I use the ones on each side of the A&B ports for feed and out, or does the one that is around the side of the block get used? Does one of them get blocked off? Does anybody have access to the John Deere site, and could download the instructions for me. I have included pictures of the numbers on the valve body and the tag on the box the kit came in. Any help would be extremely appreciated. Thanks Bruce

IMG_0410.jpg
IMG_0409.jpg
IMG_0412.jpg
IMG_0413.jpg
IMG_0411.jpg

/ Hydraulic Valve Hookup Questions #2  
The side with the "P" is the pressure inlet port...the tank (T) or return (R) may or may not be marked...

most valves have both face and side ports for different installation situations...i..e, routing hoses etc...unless one is possibly marked "PB"...which from the pictures this valve does not appear to have...
Good Luck...

/ Hydraulic Valve Hookup Questions #3  
Since you got the valve from a JD dealer, it could be a CC valve.

I don't see a relief valve unless it is under the hex nut .

You have enough ports for it to be a PB valve if it is convertible.

Look in the side port opposite the P port and see if one of these adapters could fit.

Those two pics are PB adapters.

If there is a short plug in the side port, it could be a CC plug. The short plug will have no o-ring at the bottom of the plug

You could use air to test out the ports.

Do you see a T or PB stamped on the other side?

Attachments

• PB adapter.jpg
    PB adapter.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 382
  • PB hex screw.jpg
    PB hex screw.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 107
   / Hydraulic Valve Hookup Questions
The only markings are the A&B on the center ports and the P port. The one on the side of the valve and the one opposite the P port have no markings. It came with plastics plugs in all the ports including the one on the side.

/ Hydraulic Valve Hookup Questions #5  
Is there a relief valve in the top hex head bolts?

Show some pics of the other side ports with plugs removed.

/ Hydraulic Valve Hookup Questions #6  
Here's the hose routing for a JD & specs for the valve in that kit.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 242
  • L121431________UN01JAN94.gif
    L121431________UN01JAN94.gif
    32.8 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
   / Hydraulic Valve Hookup Questions
Thanks for the diagram TxJim. Do you know if this valve is closed or open center? Bruce

/ Hydraulic Valve Hookup Questions #8  
Not really as I've been away from those specification's way too long to remember what they mean. Spec's state valve is type"A".

/ Hydraulic Valve Hookup Questions #10  
According to Tractordata.com the B2920 is open center so this valve won't be correct.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 182