Hydraulic valve similar to 3-point hitch?

/ Hydraulic valve similar to 3-point hitch? #1  

ishiboo

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti NX6010HSTC, Cat 279c
I am thinking of building a front hitch for my L3650. Not sure if it will be a full 3-point or simply custom at this point.

One thing would be nice would be instead of just using a regular spool valve, having a "level valve" like the 3-point hitch has, so that I can simply move the lever to whatever height I want the hitch at and it would essentially put it there. Obviously this would require the valve being configurable to the cylinder bore/stroke/etc. at the very least, making it a somewhat complicated proposition.

Are there valves out there like this for the general-purpose?

/ Hydraulic valve similar to 3-point hitch? #3  
If I'm understanding your question correctly that valve will not perform the function your requesting. You would need a valve that includes some type of position sensing or an electronic system like those on larger tractors seen here. http://www.fronthitch.com/v3/pages/accessories.cfm
I'm not sure a manual valve is available for the application your seeking

/ Hydraulic valve similar to 3-point hitch? #4  
This is what he said.

Quote: so that I can simply move the lever to whatever height I want the hitch at

/ Hydraulic valve similar to 3-point hitch? #5  
All my stuff is older, so I'm not sure what's typical of newer "cuts", etc - but what I interpreted from the OP's question is that he wants position control.

On both my tractors, this is done internally using some sort of pilot valve and a "finger" that gets moved by the 3ph lever - when the lift is where you placed the lever, no hydraulic oil flows thru the cylinder - if the hitch raised on its own, the pilot valve bleeds off - if the hitch "sags", the pilot valve will raise it til the "finger" and the lift lever agree... Steve

/ Hydraulic valve similar to 3-point hitch? #6  
That's a big ten four there Steve. I think J.J. missed the boat on this one.

/ Hydraulic valve similar to 3-point hitch? #7  
It's not a who won this thread thing, or a who is smarter thing, I hope.

It's a collective, how can the TBN network help the OP.

Everyone will miss something at some point.

We all do.

/ Hydraulic valve similar to 3-point hitch? #8  
So who said anything about winning or losing? I see two opinions on the table I agree with the second one, simple as that. Maybe I missed something.

/ Hydraulic valve similar to 3-point hitch? #9  
I am thinking of building a front hitch for my L3650. Not sure if it will be a full 3-point or simply custom at this point.

One thing would be nice would be instead of just using a regular spool valve, having a "level valve" like the 3-point hitch has, so that I can simply move the lever to whatever height I want the hitch at and it would essentially put it there. Obviously this would require the valve being configurable to the cylinder bore/stroke/etc. at the very least, making it a somewhat complicated proposition.

Are there valves out there like this for the general-purpose?

I think the type valve with position control would have to have some form of feedback rod(manual or electric) built into it to accomplish what you desire.